PDA

View Full Version : Question on Senco 15 ga angled nailer

Don Morris
02-10-2014, 10:23 AM
I was helping building a project and using my Senco 15 ga angled nailer (mostly 2 x 4 work with a little plywood). I had always used Porter Cable or Senco nails up to when I ran out. The guy in charge went to the local Lowes and came back with a package of Bostich 15 ga 2 1/2" nails for angled nailers. Looked pretty much like what I use, but I had a difficult time getting them into my Senco nailer. Gave up after a while and then compared the new ones to some left over nails I had in an old package I didn't want to use because a few of the nails had some rust on them. They new ones even had a different form factor. Am I correct in assuming that just because it says for 15 ga angled nailers that doesn't mean ALL 15 ga angled nailers? Cheap source for good stuff? Thanks!

Don M

Loren Woirhaye
02-10-2014, 10:40 AM
There are two collation formats for 15 ga. angle nailers. Hitachi and Senco are compatible with PC nails.

Greg R Bradley
02-10-2014, 10:41 AM
Normal 15ga angled nails are DA.

There is another 15ga angled nail that is something other than DA. I think Bostich is the only weird one that doesn't use DA.

Rich Engelhardt
02-10-2014, 10:57 AM
You just learned the hard way - the same as me - that 15 ga nails come in FN style, which is Bostitch and DA style, which is Senco and most others & that Lowes only carries the FN style in 2.5" 15 ga.

You might be in luck though since you asked somebody and they gave you the wrong thing.
I'd return them and say tell them you were given the wrong thing.
Someone working at Lowes should know the difference and should have asked you if you needed FN or DA.

Dennis McDonaugh
02-10-2014, 11:03 AM
I had a PC angled framing nailer that stopped working. Long story short, it would have cost almost as much as a new nailer to have it fixed. I bought a new Hitachi and it says it takes the same 21 degree nails that the PC takes. Does anyone know if this is true? I have several large boxes of 2 and 3 1/2 inch nails I'd like to be able to use.

scott vroom
02-10-2014, 11:08 AM
I had a PC angled framing nailer that stopped working. Long story short, it would have cost almost as much as a new nailer to have it fixed. I bought a new Hitachi and it says it takes the same 21 degree nails that the PC takes. Does anyone know if this is true? I have several large boxes of 2 and 3 1/2 inch nails I'd like to be able to use.

I'm thinking that if you try the nails you'll have your answer.

Dennis McDonaugh
02-10-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm going to do that, but the post above got me wondering if all 21 degree collated nails were the same.

Steve Rozmiarek
02-10-2014, 1:10 PM

My Hitachi works fine with them, assuming we have the same gun.

Dennis McDonaugh
02-10-2014, 3:27 PM
It's the one that's about $200 and shoots plastic collated nails. Their is a much pricier gun which shoots paper collated nails.

Rick Potter
02-11-2014, 2:17 AM
I also ended up with a couple boxes of Bostich nails at a Lowes sidewalk sale. Even tried to give them to a buddy who has a Bostich, but he can't find it.

Rick Potter