PDA

View Full Version : DC Bags

John Branam
06-16-2005, 10:14 AM
I have the HF 2hp dc I picked up over the weekend for $50. I want to upgrade the bags to something under 1 micron, where can I find replacement bags? Can I swap out the top bag for a filter?

Jim Becker
06-16-2005, 10:40 AM
American Fabric Filter is a great source for filter bags. Very high quality at reasonable prices...custom made to the sizes you want, too. Yes, you can put a canister filter on the unit, too, if you prefer.

Cecil Arnold
06-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Jim is correct, however, you should be aware that the size of the "coller" unit, where the air comes in from the blower, needs to be checked. I had an older Jet 1100 DC and when I upgraded to a canister I had to replace the collar. If memory serves, the old one was about 18" and the new one is more like 20".

John Branam
06-16-2005, 3:21 PM
Jim have you ever used American Fabric Filter's products? I have gotten a quote from them and thier prices are reasonable. I am also look at Wynn filters they have a .5 micron filter.

Jim Becker
06-16-2005, 3:41 PM
Personally? No. I've been using cyclones for over five years. But I know a major-lot of folks have been pleased with the company.

John Branam
06-16-2005, 4:01 PM
Well after spending some time on the phone with them they seem to really know what they are doing, very friendly to deal with also. I am leaning that way for now. Thanks for the info.

Jim Knauss
06-16-2005, 4:06 PM
John,
I have the harbor Freight DC and converted it to the Wynn filter conversion. No fuss no muss. Seems to work well for me. They have two filter choices, paper or polyester. The later is washable, thats what I went with.
Good luck,
Jim Knauss

Frank Hagan
06-17-2005, 12:07 AM
Here's the link to Wynn Environmental's modification of a HF 2hp DC to a filter unit. Evidently its a very quick change from filter bags to a cartridge filter and lower poly bag:

http://www.wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm

Where did you get the 2hp HF DC for $50?

Doug Edwards
06-17-2005, 12:38 PM
If you're looking for a low price alternative, Grizzly has high efficiency bags of about $25 each.

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2005/main/131.cfm

They are on the bottom of the page.

John Branam
06-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Thanks for eveyones help. I am going to get a Wynn filter, I just need to decide if I want the 1 micron filter that is fully washable or .5 micron 80/20 paper/poly filter. I will have to weight the pros and cons of each.:o