PDA

View Full Version : new 3hp pcs sawstop

David Fielding
02-08-2014, 12:54 PM
new sawstop and i cannot get blade to raise more than 5/8" over table, what am i doing wrong?

Phil Thien
02-08-2014, 12:55 PM
It is possible there is some packaging somewhere under the table that is preventing full travel?

scott spencer
02-08-2014, 12:56 PM
How big of a blade is it?

Mike Leung
02-08-2014, 1:15 PM
Take the throat plate out and open the side doors and see what is obstructing.

David Fielding
02-08-2014, 3:12 PM
NOTHING blocking, blade that came with saw 10" took all doors off, NOTHING inside but mechanism....

Jay Jolliffe
02-08-2014, 3:22 PM
Call them. They're very helpful

Earl Rumans
02-08-2014, 3:22 PM
Have you checked the limit stop to see if it's out of adjustment, or whether the blade may be hitting the brake cartridge?

mreza Salav
02-08-2014, 4:16 PM
Is it a brand new (uncut) plate? have you removed the riving knife?!

johnny means
02-08-2014, 5:07 PM
Could the trunnion be in the post brake activation position? If so lowering the trunnion all the way down would return it to the regular position. Be sure there are no packaging/shipping spacers still in place in the cabinet.

Mike Delyster
02-09-2014, 1:57 AM
Could the trunnion be in the post brake activation position? If so lowering the trunnion all the way down would return it to the regular position. Be sure there are no packaging/shipping spacers still in place in the cabinet.

^^^ This is what I was thinking when I read the OP.

Andy Pratt
02-09-2014, 2:15 AM
If the riving knife was hitting wouldn't it prevent the blade for raising up at all?

Other ideas: Dust collection flap open on right side of blade possibly hitting something? Make sure it is closed (parallel to blade). It is easy to open accidentally when changing/installing a blade.

Find the raise limit stop bolt and make sure it (a) isn't way out of adjustment or (b) doesn't have something setting on top of it blocking things.

Guessing something moved in shipping, or something in there for packaging/protection got in the wrong place.

If you left your brake adjustment allen wrench on the hex bolt when you adjusted it, it might be able to cause this, but I'm guessing you didn't do that.

Will it raise higher with the zero clearance insert removed?

David Fielding
02-09-2014, 6:37 PM
thanks for all of the responses. i have doubled check everything, will call in the morning, they were not open over the weekend. i am confident i am doing something or have not done something that i should have. thanks again

mreza Salav
02-11-2014, 12:11 PM
Just curious if you talked to SS and what the issue was if it is resolved...

Mike Circo
02-11-2014, 2:37 PM
Not a Sawstop, but something my Delta does.
The height lock knob in the middle of the height adjustment wheel. When lowered, it would unscrew and loosen the knob, and it went okay. but when raising the blade, it would turn with the wheel and tighten gradually until it would prevent further height adjustment.

If the Sawstop has a similar locking knob, loosen it a bunch and try again.

That's all I have as an outsider.

(Edit: Whoops, didn't notice this thread was started a few days ago. Late to the party, hope it is solved.)

glenn bradley
02-11-2014, 2:44 PM
Just curious if you talked to SS and what the issue was if it is resolved...

Also curious as I own one.