PDA

View Full Version : ASTM 2729 6" Pipe and Fittings at Menards

Drew Pavlak
02-07-2014, 8:47 AM
I had a hard time locating this and I know I am not the only one from reading posts here and over on the ClearVue site. I found that Menards, while they don't stock it, they will order it for you. The nice thing is they will order just 1 stick if it was needed. No minimum # of pieces. Also the Menards in my are (MI) stocks the DWV Wyes, 45 deg elbows and couplers. They were also the cheapest by far, without having to run to 5 different stores to get what I needed. I have listed the SKU #'s and pricing for what I have found. Hope this helps others, this was causing me quite a few pains trying to locate a good source.

6"x10' pipe - SKU 6899780 - $14.00
6"x6"x6" Wye - SKU 6890447 - $16.99
6" coupler - SKU 6890418 - $5.22
6" 45 deg elbow - SKU 6890405 - $7.90

Thought I would post this here as well just so people could check in their area.

Drew

Michael Dunn
02-07-2014, 8:44 PM
I had a hard time locating this and I know I am not the only one from reading posts here and over on the ClearVue site. I found that Menards, while they don't stock it, they will order it for you. The nice thing is they will order just 1 stick if it was needed. No minimum # of pieces. Also the Menards in my are (MI) stocks the DWV Wyes, 45 deg elbows and couplers. They were also the cheapest by far, without having to run to 5 different stores to get what I needed. I have listed the SKU #'s and pricing for what I have found. Hope this helps others, this was causing me quite a few pains trying to locate a good source. 6"x10' pipe - SKU 6899780 - $14.00 6"x6"x6" Wye - SKU 6890447 - $16.99 6" coupler - SKU 6890418 - $5.22 6" 45 deg elbow - SKU 6890405 - $7.90 Thought I would post this here as well just so people could check in their area. Drew

Cool! My local Menards has a MOQ of 33!!! You shouldn't need the couplers if the sticks have the bell ends.

Jim Andrew
02-08-2014, 7:38 PM
Was this a matter of buying a stock item from another store? I bought some things they did not stock at my local Menards, just pay up front and they call you in a few days to pick it up. Yesterday evening, I was there and asked the plumbing dept about getting some 26 gauge 6" elbows, and the guy looked up the elbows, and said I'd have to buy a carton, of course he was looking at the online sales. If I can find a guy who has been with Menards for a longer time, maybe I can buy just the pieces I need.

Drew Pavlak
02-10-2014, 1:29 PM
Some of the special order stuff for Menards is hit or miss on Quantities. Sometimes you can order 1, sometimes not. Figured I would need a couple of couplers to make everything fit accordingly without wasting pipe. Maybe not, but thought I would post anyway. I also wanted to mention that I was down at my local Menards on Friday and they did in fact have all the fittings in stock. I didn't count to see if they had enough for what I would need, but they did actually stock them at those prices.

Drew.

Jim Andrew
02-11-2014, 7:43 AM
Would have been nice to have a Menards when I set up my dust system 10 years ago. I could not find the 2729 in 6", so went with spiral and it cost considerably more.

Michael Dunn
02-11-2014, 8:45 AM
Would have been nice to have a Menards when I set up my dust system 10 years ago. I could not find the 2729 in 6", so went with spiral and it cost considerably more.

Yeah, but your systems performs better I bet.

Benjamin Miller
02-11-2014, 4:56 PM
All of the Menards here in central Iowa carry 2729 in 4" and 6" sizes, and there's a section of aisle with all the common fittings you'd use for dust collection.