PDA

View Full Version : YAG Laserable sandblasting mask.

Joe Hillmann
02-06-2014, 9:46 PM
I am looking for a heavy duty sandblasting mask that can be cut with a yag laser. Does anyone know of a material that may fit my needs?

Gary Hair
02-07-2014, 2:42 AM
Why not use one of your co2's instead? Anchor stencil is polyester based and I cut loads of it with my co2.

matthew knott
02-07-2014, 4:54 AM
Joe your inbox is full!!! You only need to turn the power of to 24v psu at the wall, leave everything else plugged in!

Joe Hillmann
02-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Joe your inbox is full!!! You only need to turn the power of to 24v psu at the wall, leave everything else plugged in!

Can I turn off the power to the power supply with the laser still turned on (not while actually layering but with the lasers sitting idle).

Also I got rid of some old messages in my inbox so it should work now.

matthew knott
02-07-2014, 12:34 PM
Yes, you can turn it on/off anytime you like, its only linked to the laser by opto isolators, have you got it running properly yet?

Joe Hillmann
02-07-2014, 1:00 PM
For the most part. It turns out the rotary I planned to use had a bent tail stock so if I run a part more than one time it doesn't line up perfectly and I don't know if that is caused by the bent shaft or I don't have the number of steps right. I ordered a new part and it should be here next week.

Other than that I can put a ceramic mug in it and as long as I only engrave once everything works as it should. I spent last night creating new files for everything I plan to run it it but only tested three of them.

I also plan to mount everything nice and neat so it isn't a rats nest of wires.

Dan Hintz
02-07-2014, 3:07 PM
I'm not sure what direction this thread went in, but to your original question...

Polyamide with an adhesive should cut well with the fiber. Though I'm not sure why you would want to use it rather than the CO2... the polyamide will cost a bunch more than a standard resist.

David Somers
02-07-2014, 4:10 PM
Joe,

I am curiuous. How did the tail stock of your rotary get damaged? I haven't seen a rotary for a ULS in person, but perhaps a machine shop could help you repair that? Those suckers are expensive new.

Dave

Joe Hillmann
02-07-2014, 4:36 PM
Joe,

I am curiuous. How did the tail stock of your rotary get damaged? I haven't seen a rotary for a ULS in person, but perhaps a machine shop could help you repair that? Those suckers are expensive new.

Dave

I am not sure. It was in storage from before I took over the business. Their is a precision ground pin the the tail stock "chuck" spins on and it is bent. My guess is the rotary was dropped or something was dropped on it. When I used it in the universal laser the out of balance didn't cause a problem but with the eletrox laser it caused a 1/32" gap every time it rotated a step. I ordered a new pin so it was only a $30 fix.