PDA

View Full Version : 7----Bowls

Gary Max
06-15-2005, 7:46 PM
Finally getting some lathe time in. Here are seven bowls that I have turned in the last week. I am still trying to get some furniture done and turn at the same time. Sure LOVE the new Lathe---makes it a lot easier to turn these bigger bowls. Pics are in the wifes shop---she is working on getting the finishing done for me. I wouldn't trade her for a new truck---:D
The wood is Cedar and Kentucky Coffeewood.

Michael Stafford
06-15-2005, 8:11 PM
Gary, you are becoming a production turner. But you are at least exploring different forms. Looking good, looking mighty good!!! :)

Karl Laustrup
06-15-2005, 8:13 PM
WOW! Gary. Those are fantastic.

You must really like that new lathe, but I hope you don't wear it out. :eek: ;) :D

You should maybe give it a rest every couple of hours or so. :)

Gary Max
06-15-2005, 8:47 PM
Karl ---I got to put some miles on the lathe so it can pay for itself. Had a switch break---they sent me a new one overnight--love the service from Powermatic

Mike---Show season is coming fast---I would like to get a l00 bowls made up for inventory. I have about 30 or so done now. Plus we are selling a few as they come off the lathe.

Tom Stover
06-15-2005, 9:06 PM
Looking good Gary. I can see you have been busy.

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
06-15-2005, 9:40 PM
Gary, you have some nice turnings there. The thing I want to know is how did you trick get your wife into doing the finishing? No wonder you would rather have her than a new truck,(-; I am kidding. She must be real jewel, just like mine (although she doesn't put the finish on my bowls.)-:

John Hart
06-15-2005, 10:24 PM
Holy smokes Gary...You're really going to town! I'm envious....my lathe time is in 1 or 2 hour bursts and not every day. Beautiful work by the way...Your lathe will be paid for in no time.

Gary Max
06-16-2005, 2:36 AM
John I am spending about 12 hours a day in the shop now---ok---8 when it's hot.
Got a rule --When it hits 85 degrees in the shop I am done. Start at 4;00am and head to the house by noon. It's all the other things in life that slow me down ---Going to the groscery store--mowing the yard--wife helps. Plus right now we are doing a one day show every Saturday. That means getting up at 2;30 in the morning so you can be there by daylight and set up by 6 oclock. Sometimes you eat dinner and go to bed or you ain't getting any sleep at all.
Don---think about it---anyone with a good job can drive a new truck. So really that ain't no big deal anymore. But having a good wife still is.

Jeff Sudmeier
06-16-2005, 8:29 AM
Gary, looks like you have been busy!! I am glad that your wife is into woodworking with you. Mine is not, but I still wouldn't trade her for the world :)

Ernie Nyvall
06-16-2005, 6:09 PM
Wow Gary, looks like you've got them coming off both ends of that lathe. Nice jobs.

Ernie