PDA

View Full Version : Woodworkers Shop Pekin, IL ????

Jim Eller
02-05-2014, 6:14 PM
I'm looking to purchase a Jet benchtop power tool and Woodworker's Shop in Pekin, IL has a good price.

Has anyone had any experience with this supplier??

PM me if you like.

Thanks,
Jim

Ronald Blue
02-05-2014, 7:15 PM
I haven't used them personally but a friend of mine has and has been a repeat customer. I take that as meaning he is a satisfied customer. I think you can buy with confidence.

Clay Crocker
02-05-2014, 11:19 PM
I have bought quite a few tools and lots of lumber from them over the past 15 years and they have always been real nice to business with. Years ago they had a store in Springfield, IL not to far from me but they closed it down probably more than 10 years ago. :( I drive up to Pekin once or twice a year to buy stuff from them. I have seen the same faces there for years so I would say they are pretty well established, definitely NOT a fly-by-night operation. Clay

Jim Eller
02-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Thanks Ron and Clay.

Mike Heidrick
02-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Are you getting them delivered to TN? They closed the Woodworkershop branch in Bloomington IL in the last siz moths. Most of the demo tools may have ween back to Pekin. There are some $350 5" Mirka Ceros sanders there too. I question the Jet benchtop tools more than Pekin. If they arrive damaged I think I would rather deal with Amazon coming back to get them than a small shop like Pekin. If folks are close though, they have a nice selection of wood there at preminum prices. Tyhat is also a good place to get Abranet in multipacks.

Jerome Stanek
02-06-2014, 1:03 PM
Years ago I worked in Pekin and there was a great tool supplier there. I can't remember the name but I think it was on Radio City Dr

Jim Eller
02-06-2014, 8:33 PM
Done deal.

Called my local Woodcraft, told them my plan. They played "Let's Make A Deal" and I purchased Jet spindle sander locally.