PDA

View Full Version : Sprechen Sie Deutsch? (Yea, another FESTOOL gloat)

Jason Tuinstra
06-15-2005, 5:55 PM
Wow! Talk about service. I ordered from Bob on Monday morning Pacific time, and I had everything opened by 2:30 today (Wednesday)!

I happened to be home for the SBC guy, and I got a call that my tools were 10 minutes out. Fantastic!

Here they are. I got the 150/5 sander, the ATF 55E, the CT22E, and the MFT 1080 along with some other extras. I'm probably going to raise the MFT a bit so that it can double as an outfeed table for the Uni. I've really, really missed not having one - just ask my wife :D .

Well, I just started building the dinning room table, and I'm hoping to make full use of these new toys. We'll see how that goes. The goal is to have it done in a few weeks.

Thanks Bob!

Roy Wall
06-15-2005, 6:24 PM
Jason,

Nice tools! Nice TS.........Nice COS & station..............

Nice!!!:D

That Bob Marino guy's doin pretty well- huh??!!!:cool:

Tyler Howell
06-15-2005, 6:34 PM
Nice Score Jason, Welcome to the tool snob club. Great selections.

Christian Aufreiter
06-15-2005, 6:37 PM
Hi Jason,

Gratulation zu den neuen Festool Werkzeugen!
Ja, ich spreche Deutsch :D ;) :D .

Christian

Frank Pellow
06-15-2005, 6:46 PM
Thats a great start to your Festool collection.

I wonder what the first addition will be and when. I will go out on a limb and predict that it is the 1400 router and that you get it about 6 months from now.

Doug Shepard
06-15-2005, 7:22 PM
Ausgezeichnet!

Bill Simmeth
06-15-2005, 8:44 PM
Fantastisch! Herzlichen Glückwunsch! :D

Per Swenson
06-15-2005, 8:46 PM
Yah, Das da snizzle.

Per

Jim Becker
06-15-2005, 9:20 PM
Hmmm...Uncle Bob does it again! And cousin Jason gets the prizes!! Nice haul. I'm glad you got the MFT. I was sceptical at first, but I'm using it more and more and more now. BTW, the only downside to using it for outfeed support is that you'll need to check and possibly recalibrate the fence each time you reinstall it...you can't leave them on for the outfeed job.

Don Morris
06-15-2005, 9:32 PM
und schon auch

Michael Perata
06-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Minimax, Lie-Nielsen and now Festool. I going to go broke with this stuff.

So far I have a Festool OF 1010 router, ETS 150/3 and DS 400 sanders. These tools are simply superior to the P-C stuff I have now. I just recieved a MFT 800, wish I had gotten the 1080 like you did.

David Klug
06-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Hey Tyler, have you been on vacation? I haven't heard from you for a while.

DK

sascha gast
06-16-2005, 7:49 AM
ich spreche auch deutsch, freut mich dass dir deine neuen werkzeuge gefallen.

bis bald

sascha

Mark Singer
06-16-2005, 8:04 AM
Jason,

Excellent! Great stuff .....use it well! Bob is terrific!

Jason Tuinstra
06-16-2005, 10:29 AM
Okay, I give. I can't speak an ounce of German :p . But wow, we have a lot of multilingual people on SMC. Very impressive!

Jim Becker
06-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Я некоторо не понимаю немца, или русского для того дела... пока!

(I certainly don't understand German, or Russian for that matter...yet!)

Jason Tuinstra
06-16-2005, 10:42 AM
Я некоторо не понимаю немца, или русского для того дела... пока!

(I certainly don't understand German, or Russian for that matter...yet!)

Jim, if anyone can do it, I'm sure you can! That Russian's going to come in handy pretty soon.

Tim Sproul
06-16-2005, 11:16 AM
Jason,

I'm curious as to your reasoning for purchasing the 150/5. Do you have another good ROS with a smaller stroke?

I opted for the Rotex and 150/3 combination to cover fast sanding to fine finish sanding to polishing.

mike malone
06-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Wow! Talk about service. I ordered from Bob on Monday morning Pacific time, and I had everything opened by 2:30 today (Wednesday)! I happened to be home for the SBC guy, and I got a call that my tools were 10 minutes out. Fantastic!Here they are. I got the 150/5 sander, the ATF 55E, the CT22E, and the MFT 1080 along with some other extras. I'm probably going to raise the MFT a bit so that it can double as an outfeed table for the Uni. I've really, really missed not having one - just ask my wife :D .
Thanks Bob!
Hey Jason...never mind the German....the english is confusing enough with the initials and cryptographs....
who's Bob?
whats a ATF 55E?
a CT22E?
and last but not least what is a MFT1080?
oh...and who is SBC?

Jason Tuinstra
06-16-2005, 11:57 AM
Jason,

I'm curious as to your reasoning for purchasing the 150/5. Do you have another good ROS with a smaller stroke?

I opted for the Rotex and 150/3 combination to cover fast sanding to fine finish sanding to polishing.

Tim, good question. I orginally opted for the 150/3 but Bob convinced me that the 150/5 was more suited for my needs. With your combination, the 150/3 is perfect. But I wasn't planning on getting the Rotex - at least any time soon. As a result, the 150/5 will give me the aggressiveness that I need along with a nice finishing ability. That was the thought process anyway.

Jason Tuinstra
06-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Hey Jason...never mind the German....the english is confusing enough with the initials and cryptographs....
who's Bob?
whats a ATF 55E?
a CT22E?
and last but not least what is a MFT1080?
oh...and who is SBC?

:D :p I agree. I don't know either. I'm just writing what I saw on the side of the boxes :D :p

We Navy pilots living on either side of our house and I'm always having to slow these guys down when they talk to explain all the initials. It's funny, a lot of times they've forgotten what the initials even stand for. I guess I'm no different. I still don't know what DSL stands for. :p

Chris Padilla
06-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Mike, Dunno if your questions were tongue-in-cheek but here you go and feel free to call me gullible if you like...I've been called worse!! :D

who's Bob? --> Bob Marino, SMC's own Festool Rep (unofficial, of course)
whats a ATF 55E? --> a 55 mm diameter circular saw!
a CT22E? --> a vacuum
and last but not least what is a MFT1080? --> a portable workbend with holes in it! :eek:
oh...and who is SBC? Southern Bell Corporation?? ;)

Oh, and Jason...DSL is digital subscriber line. :)

Scott Coffelt
06-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Correction on SBC... Southwestern Bell Corporation

Jason Tuinstra
06-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Mike, Dunno if your questions were tongue-in-cheek but here you go and feel free to call me gullible if you like...I've been called worse!! :D

a CT22E? --> a vacuum
and last but not least what is a MFT1080? --> a portable workbend with holes in it! :eek:

You're the man! BTW, I'm slowing working my way into the good life of German engineered products. Where are BMW's made again? :D And yes, I know what BMW stands for.

mike malone
06-16-2005, 1:14 PM

a CT22E? --> a vacuum

hi chris
definitely not tongue in cheek...there are other forums for that. thanks for the enlightenment
mike

Christian Aufreiter
06-16-2005, 1:56 PM

a CT22E? --> a vacuum

Just a few more comments:
ATF 55E - 55 is not a/the diameter, it's the cutting depth of the ATF 55 plunge saw in mm. I don't know what ATF stands for, maybe Bob does.
CT 22E - 22 liter is the capacity of the CT 22 vac. I guess CT stands for Clean Tec
MFT 1080 - MFT stands for Multifunktionstisch or MultiFunctionTable. 1080 mm is the length of the guide rail that comes with this MFT.

I almost forgot: E means Electronic (variable speed, ...).

Regards,

Christian

Jeff A. Smith
06-16-2005, 3:12 PM
Okay, I give. I can't speak an ounce of German :p . But wow, we have a lot of multilingual people on SMC. Very impressive!

Einige von uns Gebrauch http://babelfish.alatavista.com! Arbeiten gewissermaßen! (German)

¡Algunos de nosotros el uso http://babelfish.altavista.com/. trabajan absolutamente agradable! (Spanish)

Or, in English:
Some of us use http://babelfish.altavista.com/. Works quite nicely! :)

Of course... don't go looking to impress anyone from Germany or Mexico with this automated translation! Been there before!

Jeff Smith

Vaughn McMillan
06-16-2005, 5:47 PM
Of course... don't go looking to impress anyone from Germany or Mexico with this automated translation! Been there before!

Jeff Smith

Yeah, Babelfish can get you into a bit of trouble of you're not careful. I use Babelfish quite a bit in my day job, but I've seen too many gotchas to trust it for final output. My work is translated by humans from English into French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Russian and Portuguese, but from time to time I need to check a word or phrase here and there, so I use Babelfish.

To get back on topic...nice setup, Jason. I'm looking forward to seeing some results from those new tools. And always remember:

Μετρήστε τα δάχτυλά σας πριν και μετά από κάθε ένα που κόβεταϊ

(I dunno what it says...it's all Greek to me.)

- Vaughn

Gary Herrmann
06-16-2005, 6:59 PM
Sascha said: "ich spreche auch deutsch, freut mich dass dir deine neuen werkzeuge gefallen"

Basically, that traslates to "I speak German too. I'm glad that you're enjoying your new tools."

How do I know that? Meine Eltern sind von Berlin.

Now to just save up enough to buy some Festools...

Kelly C. Hanna
06-16-2005, 10:47 PM
Wow, nice haul Jason! You picked a great set of tools from everything I have ever heard about them. Be sure to update us on how you like them!