PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Rayjet : Engraving works but not cutting

Raffi Arslanian
02-05-2014, 3:31 PM
Hello everyone

I am new on this forum and I hope some could help me

I have just purchased the trotec Rayjet and I am having this weird problem

When I try to engrave a stamp and want to cut the countours, i put a red hairline square around it in RGB red color

Nown the engraving is working perfedtly and when it comes to the cutting part, the red laser dot moves around but the laser is not turning on,

I have changed the settings and put the power to 100% and speed 1% and nothing changed,

Whatever i do, the laser doesnt turn on for the cutting part.

I have checked the document type to be RGB, i have tried in corel draw and illustrator, and I also tried on 2 different computers and same result.

What could the problem be ?

thanks

Scott Shepherd
02-05-2014, 3:37 PM
What mode are you sending the stamps over in? Ordered Dithering, Color, Black/White? I believe that has to be set to Black/White to make it work. I also think if automatically cuts the shape out if you do it a certain way (which is a little too much to go in over typing).

Check that and report back.

Raffi Arslanian
02-05-2014, 3:44 PM
Dear Scott

Thank you for you reply,

I have tried all modes, ordered dithering, black and white and Color and the result is the same.

I have also tried cutting paper, cardboard etc and same thing the laser has no power

Scott Shepherd
02-05-2014, 3:59 PM
Two things, make sure the red line is hairline out of Corel, which you say it is, but double check that. Also, you should be using the Trotec palette to pick your colors. I suspect it's not liking that color red, but it could be something else. Are you sure it's set to "Cut" for red?

If it's engraving, it has power, so something is not set right which is making it not see the red properly, is my guess (and that's just my guess). In CorelDraw, do you have Color Management turned off? If not, it has to be turned off.

Mark Sipes
02-05-2014, 4:11 PM
Don't you have the option at the printer driver section to select CUT LINE " None, Rectangle, Circular or Optimize" ? no red lines required.

Job control is WYSIWYG so if the lines/text are not visible on the screen (at the laser table screen) then it will not print. turning on the colors at the "material parameters" page will allow the action to be visible and cut/raster.

Wes Mitchell
02-05-2014, 4:44 PM
Does Trotec let you use other colors? Can you try green and see if that works?

Mike Null
02-05-2014, 5:02 PM
Raffi

Did you check the following to be sure the "cut" option was selected for red?

Robert Tepper
02-05-2014, 10:54 PM
The Rayjet does not have Job Control software. It is called a mini manager.

I have a Rayjet 300 and have no problem engraving stamps and then vector cutting them. I use red, hairline, 90% power and 1.1 speed for the vector cut.

Robert

Raffi Arslanian
02-06-2014, 3:20 AM
Hello everyone and thank you for your replies

I have tried everything you have suggested with no result

please find attached the settings i am using

any input would be greatly appreciated

Scott Shepherd
02-06-2014, 8:15 AM
Interesting. I thought the Rayjet used Job Control, just the basic version. You learn something new every day!

Raffi, in your last photo, where it says "Preset" at the top left, click that and select the option shown in my photo and see if that works. If it doesn't I'm afraid I'm out of ideas at the moment. A call to Trotec might solve it quick. Try this and let us know if it works :

Raffi Arslanian
02-06-2014, 8:25 AM
Dear Scott
Thank you for your reply

I have tried what you said but no result
I have contacted Trotec and they have worked 4 hours on it and still nothing
They cannot understand why it is not working

Scott Shepherd
02-06-2014, 8:49 AM
Has it ever worked, or is this a new problem? If it was working, can you open a file you used before that worked and try that? If you try something that isn't in stamp mode, does it work then? Is is isolated to the stamp mode or is it across all options?

Gary Hair
02-06-2014, 10:40 AM
Can you post the file so someone else could test it?

Mark Sipes
02-06-2014, 2:23 PM
Can you verify that the Red Hairline is 255:0:0

Ross Moshinsky
02-06-2014, 3:22 PM
Set the stroke to 0.010 mm. See if that does the job.

Robert Tepper
02-06-2014, 9:39 PM
Raffi,
I noticed that you only had two colors installed, one for raster and one for vector. Install the remaining colors and try green as your vector cutting command.

Robert

simon cheung
03-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Hi Raffi,
Have you had any luck with this issue?

Our department just got a new Rayjet laser cutter. We are facing similar troubles where it can engrave but it cant cut. I am guessing its colour profile causing my colours to be converted so the software cant read the cut lines. The only difference is that we are using illustrator CS6 to print with the mini manager as the printer controller.

Past few weeks we have been trying to print from a desktop machine and same problem keeps repeating itself. But today we installed Minimanager on a laptop that also has illustrator CS6 and that seemed to allow the machine to cut and engrave. So i hope to isolate the problems in the next few days.

Raffi Arslanian
03-12-2014, 10:57 AM
Dear Simon

After a lot of problems and tech support visitations it came out to be a manufacturing defect.
We are waiting to receive our new machine in a couple of weeks.

As a summary on what they did.
They first replaced the CPU of the machine, then they changed the main board, after that the power supply.

When they did all this the machine started cutting but not always, sometime it does and sometimes it doesn't
But when they changed these 3 components, the button on the top of the machine (play, pause, and Z axis up down buttons) stopped working an they couldn't fix them.
Until today these buttons don't work.

So we told the Trotect company that we do not accept to have a brand new machine manipulated this much and we request a new machine.
They accepted and we shall receive it soon.

So coming back to your problem, if you are using RGB red line with 0.001 pt thickness and your laser doesn't cut, call them and let them send a technician.

It has nothing to do with AI CS6 or Corel Draw