PDA

View Full Version : Congradulations Scott

Steve Doerr
02-04-2014, 11:02 PM
Scott Hackler, you are now considered a finial expert!!! Saw your signature finial, and a quote, in the most recent issue of American Woodturner. Keep up the GREAT work.
Steve

Steve Schlumpf
02-04-2014, 11:46 PM
Yup... just got my copy today! Pretty cool! Scott - you famous!!

Alan Trout
02-05-2014, 12:06 AM
Cool deal Scott, I am usually one of the last to get my magazine. I look forward to reading the article.

Roger Chandler
02-05-2014, 5:53 AM
I have not gotten my copy as of yet.........but I was in a Barnes & Noble yesterday and saw the cover of the new issue that had a bunch of finials in a bowl on it..........I was short on time and did not have a chance to look inside, but congrats to Scott on his "15 minutes!" [Andy Warhol]

charlie knighton
02-05-2014, 7:17 AM
congratulations, Scott

Fred Belknap
02-05-2014, 8:48 AM
Good deal Scott. You are right there withe the elite.:) Congratulations

Robert Henrickson
02-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Congratulations! I saw the article in a copy at the local Woodcraft almost a week ago. I still haven't gotten my copy.

Scott Hackler
02-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Thanks fellas. I was very surprised to get an email from the author requesting a photo of my piece and a short blurb on my thoughts regarding finials, for this article/gallery. I had been waiting for my copy and after seeing Jim Adkins' copy when I was at his house a couple weeks ago I started wondering where my copy was. That prompted me to log in to the AAW site and discover that I had accidentally forgot to renew my dues! Ooops!

So dues renewed and I had to order my copy straight from the AAW since I missed the mailing deadline!

Either way, I feel humbled to have been asked to contribute a photo and be on the page as some of the masters of the finial.

John Keeton
02-05-2014, 1:42 PM
Here is hoping that this gains some legs, as the saying goes, and results in worldwide recognition! I will be able to say "I had dinner with him once."

Mike Peace
02-05-2014, 3:34 PM
...accidentally forgot to renew my dues! Ooops!

Ummm. This affliction is usually more common with us older turners.:rolleyes:

Congrats Scott.

Scott Hackler
02-05-2014, 8:44 PM
Thanks Mike (you've been in the Journal more than me, with your articles!).

John, that's funny. I am already telling people I ate dinner with the Famous John Keeton. I even knew you during the ponytail days! :)

Eric Gourieux
02-06-2014, 10:38 AM
Thanks Mike (you've been in the Journal more than me, with your articles!).

John, that's funny. I am already telling people I ate dinner with the Famous John Keeton. I even knew you during the ponytail days! :)

What? No more ponytail? Who knew?

Congrats, Scott. That's quite an honor.

Dick Mahany
02-06-2014, 8:36 PM
I saw Scott's finial in the AAW issue and thought it was truly unique. It really stood out in the group. There is something about the upper tip that reminds me of an apple stem and I can't figure out how it was done. Congrats on the recognition!

Patrick McCarthy
02-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Scott Hackler, you are now considered a finial expert!!! Saw your signature finial, and a quote, in the most recent issue of American Woodturner. Keep up the GREAT work.
Steve

Yeah, but all of us will be able to claim that we knew Scott " back when he was a regular guy" , long before his King of Finials phase.
Scott, congrats from a non- turner, at least as of yet. Patrick

Marc Himes
02-07-2014, 9:25 AM
Congratulations Scott. Your finial have been great to see and now it is great to see them in the AAW journal.

Scott Hackler
02-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the additional words of encouragement, they are appreciated. I don't know if a small photo and blurb will amount to anything but it definitely can't hurt! Now to get some pieces made before I forget how to turn at all!