PDA

View Full Version : where to look for pre owned?

Don Corbeil
02-04-2014, 6:19 PM
I'm wondering if you have any recommendations for trusted companies that sell pre-owned systems for either trotec, epilog, or ULS? I check the classifieds in this forum as well. I'm in the western US, so anything that is out here is better for personal pickup, but I could ship as well. Thanks for any leads...

Gary Hair
02-04-2014, 6:58 PM
I would suggest you do some research before dealing with any used laser company, maybe a quick google search for the company in that link would be wise... just sayin...

Dee Gallo
02-04-2014, 7:06 PM
Don, find out who your local laser dealer is for each brand. Those people will know of used machines or might even have a trade-in for sale. I know that my laser rep also has a tech guy who repairs and sells used lasers too, so ask around.

Good luck in your search, be patient and you will be happy.

Mark Sipes
02-04-2014, 7:39 PM
Don't be so cryptic. At least tell us what city you hail from so we can point you to a local rep or business. Since you say Western US you must be in California. There are several reps there. North or South....

Scott Shepherd
02-04-2014, 7:45 PM
Here is one I'm not sure if your looking for a complete system or part but check this link out.

Search the forum for them, there's a real mess, or there was a real mess surrounding that company. People were talking about legal actions against them at one point. I say People because it was more than 1.

Don Corbeil
02-04-2014, 8:38 PM
Don't be so cryptic. At least tell us what city you hail from so we can point you to a local rep or business. Since you say Western US you must be in California. There are several reps there. North or South....

Didn't intend to be cryptic, but for the record I'm in southwest colorado.

edit: I have been in touch with some local reps who are in AZ and CO.

Mark Sipes
02-04-2014, 10:47 PM
With Epilog in Golden, Co I would suspect there are units on every street corner. What are your requirements. Table size, power, rotary, . There are a large number of units purchased by the hobby minded. These systems will not.... in most cases... be the larger machines and will not see the usage that a commercial machine will face. Many table top units are priced to move and have years of life remaining. A commercial unit even if maintained will/should be run into the ground at the point where technology warrants an upgrade.

The guaranty from a used laser rep is "as is" to 90 days..... and then it's up to you.

On a new machine with normal use within one (1) year from the original date of purchase, with the exception of the laser tube which is warranted for two (2) years from the original date of purchase. (Epilog)

Trotec refurbished:
http://www.troteclaser.com/en-US-AU/Laser-Machines/Pages/Trotec-Pre-Owned-Machines.aspx

Don Corbeil
02-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Thank you for the replies, and further searching through the forum archive has turned up the legal issues mentioned in scott's post (I'll leave the company name out). Having this forum to vett sources is a huge help in mitigating risk.
At this point, I'll continue to keep directly in touch with the nearby dealers, as this is probably my safest route to a pre owned system.