PDA

View Full Version : I finally found 6" S&D!

Mike Mastin
05-19-2003, 8:10 PM
Well it took more phone calls than I ever imagined, but I finally found a plumbing supplier that will order the 6" S&D for me.
It seems that in the state of Texas the minimum allowed drain pipe is SDR35 so none of the plumbing sippliers even carry 6" S&D (2729) around here.

The cost was $1.93 per ft. How does that compare with what you have paid for this stuff? It comes in 10' sticks so I bought 10 of them. I will probably need a few more now that I made the order :-)

Not sure whether it will be green or white(don't really care either). I figure it I don't like the look, I can always paint it :-)

I have a 3HP Powermatic(w/14" impeller) and Oneida cyclone that is begging to be plumbed. I was thinking of placing the Powermatic blower diectly onto the top of the Oneida cyclone and then plumbing in my cannister cartridges. The only issue is that the Powermatic has dual outlets from the blower. These otlets are square in shape. I guess a metal ducting place can fabricate something for this so that I can convert to a round pipe to the filter cartridges. Any one ever have this done?

Jim Becker
05-19-2003, 8:33 PM
Originally posted by Mike Mastin
The only issue is that the Powermatic has dual outlets from the blower. These otlets are square in shape. I guess a metal ducting place can fabricate something for this so that I can convert to a round pipe to the filter cartridges. Any one ever have this done?

Square to round transitions should be available at an HVAC supplier. Oneida also has them--my Oneida cyclone blower comes off as a square duct and they supplied the necessary adapter with the unit.

Ken Garlock
05-19-2003, 8:48 PM
Mike, like I said in response to your question this morning, you can buy it off the shelf at Lowes in Allen. I don't have a price.

Mike Mastin
05-19-2003, 9:13 PM
I guess I missed your post this morning. I found it about 1/4 mile from the house, so I don't have to drive down to Allen :-)

Dennis Peacock
05-19-2003, 10:02 PM
6" S&D locally to me is $9.95 per 10' stick....I believe that Terry Hatfield got his for $10.25 per 10' stick. But both of these places at least stocked some of the pipe and fittings. Your price is more than likely higher since they have to order it for you and is not a normal stocked item.

Congrats on finding the pipe.!!!!