PDA

View Full Version : Office Gloat

John Hart
06-15-2005, 12:27 PM
A while back, the "powers that be" decided that I needed a new office so I could manage my department a little more efficiently. The size is more than I expected (in fact, I'd rather have this as my woodshop!!!). But..I have no complaints and I just recently got it the way I wanted so I took a few pics to share with you.

This is where I spend most of my life

Roy Wall
06-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Hey John -- that is nice!!! Lots of room and a little greenery too:)

Maybe you could get a lathe in there??:D Tell them its part of your job description to make awards for the employees!!!!

Don Baer
06-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Thats really cool John. Question, why don't you make some flag cases for those flags on you desk so you can hang em on the wall ? I have my dads flag in a case an it really looks good plus it protects it from getting dirty.

Oh yea plus it's another project for you to do...;)

John Hart
06-15-2005, 1:09 PM
...why don't you make some flag cases for those flags on you desk so you can hang em on the wall ?...

I've been planning on/putting off/procrastinating Flag Cases for over 3 years. Those flags have very special meaning to me and I just never get to it. Soon perhaps. Maybe if I follow Roy's advice and start moving some tools in here, I'd finally get it done!!!:)

Bruce Page
06-15-2005, 2:28 PM
Nice office John! You should see my, um, office...:o

Jim Becker
06-15-2005, 3:33 PM
Very nice, John. I had a table like that in the office I had in my "previous life"...when I still went into an office to work. (I've been virtual for over 8 years now...so my office "decoration" in my home office is pretty much up to me) I found myself working at the table much of the time and my boss/mentor at the time was the same way. It beats fighting for a conference room, too...

Cecil Arnold
06-15-2005, 3:52 PM
John, it looks really nice. I have always found it gratifying to have an office in which it is not necessary for someone to bring their own carpet when you have to call them on the carpet (old fire headquarters joke). You do, however, need more executive toys.

Vaughn McMillan
06-15-2005, 7:16 PM
Very nice office, John.

Can't help but noticing you only have a single monitor on your PC. I guess as the Director of IS, you don't need that much screen real estate any more -- you've got other people working for you to do the heavy coding and number crunching. (Still, the dual monitor setup is much handier for web surfing whilst at work.) :)

- Vaughn

John Hart
06-15-2005, 7:23 PM
Ya know Vaughn...I used to have 3 monitors all hooked up to different systems and got very good at multitasking but stress was high...The fact is, I prefer to keep the "technology in my face" to a minimum. Besides...surfing the net while working is a bad thing...I would never do that!!!:D

Vaughn McMillan
06-15-2005, 7:39 PM
...surfing the net while working is a bad thing...I would never do that!!!:D
Of course, neither would I. And yet you arranged the office so your monitor is visible to people walking in the door. Yet another sign you're the boss -- nobody will report it! ;)

- Vaughn

Ken Garlock
06-15-2005, 10:01 PM
You know John that having an office of that size and furniture means that we will have start calling you MR. Hart :rolleyes:

Very nice office John. At Texas Instruments you had to be a corporate officer to get an office like that. :)

Bill Arnold
06-16-2005, 5:33 AM
Ah, yes! I recall the days of having a nice office. Don't miss it a bit!!! :D

You've done a great job of setting up and decorating your space, John!!!