PDA

View Full Version : Web page--back out or sign out?

Lewis Ehrhardt
02-03-2014, 3:53 PM
Which is best to back out of a web page or sign out and open new tab? Thanks Lewis

Chuck Wintle
02-03-2014, 4:06 PM
are you referring to closing a page or signing out of an online account? or going back to a previuos page?

Myk Rian
02-03-2014, 8:15 PM
All depends on if you want to sign in next time you visit. If forums, I just close the tab/page, that way I'm already signed in next visit, most of the time.
Some forums are like banks and make you login every time you visit, which I think is pretty lame.

Lewis Ehrhardt
02-03-2014, 8:26 PM
I was just wondering for security reasons if there was any benefit to backing out of a particular search and starting fresh with a new one versus just closing out the window and starting over.

Charles Wiggins
02-03-2014, 8:31 PM
All depends on if you want to sign in next time you visit. If forums, I just close the tab/page, that way I'm already signed in next visit, most of the time.
Some forums are like banks and make you login every time you visit, which I think is pretty lame.

This is more or less what I was going to say. It all depends on what your goals and security concerns are. At home, I pretty much leave everything logged in that will stay logged in, Google, SMC, etc. On the rare occasions I use public computers or another person's machine I log out, delete history in the browser, and close the browser program, not just the tab.