PDA

View Full Version : converted to curves a dotted line in corel

matthew knott
02-03-2014, 9:45 AM
I need to cut some parts out, but the artwork contains dashed or dotted lines, the customer wants these cut as a dotted line, when i export it as a AI from corel and then import into laserworks it converts to a solid line, Corel will not let me convert a dotted line to lines, all i can do is convert the dotted lines to objects but then it takes much longer to cut, anyone know how to converted a dashed line ?? cheers

Dave Sheldrake
02-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Does LaserWorks have the "Hole" function Matt? if so they can be strung together on a line at specified intervals to give a dotted line. I don't think linestyles are read by LaserWorks or LaserCUT

cheers

Dave

Mike Null
02-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Try saving the original as a PDF then bring it into Corel. I'm not sure this will work but I've had other inexplicable results when performing this operation.

Joe Hillmann
02-03-2014, 1:09 PM
You could try converting the dotted line into a black and white (1 bit) bitmap then do a trace of the bitmap, either centerline or outline depending on what you are after.

matthew knott
02-03-2014, 2:31 PM
The original is a PDF, whats odd is if i convert it to an ai or a dxf it keeps the dashed line info, i cant see why corel has locked out the 'convert to curves' feature for a dashed line, seems like an obvious thing to need. In the end i just selected all the dashed lines and 'converted to object' that works, just wastes time cutting tiny rectangles when a single line will do!