PDA

View Full Version : Incra Router Table Questions

Rich Riddle
02-02-2014, 11:06 AM
I purchased the Incra router fence & table combo #3 and plan on building it today before the Super Bowl. Apparently one can easily make a cabinet to fit in the track system but that might be misleading. Have any of you built a cabinet under the Incra kit? If so, how long does it take to build the cabinet? Any experience will be appreciated.

As a side note, I went this route after reading reviews of folks who spent weeks building tables. Wish the free time was there, but it isn't. Unfortunately, time equates to money.

Earl Rumans
02-02-2014, 11:47 AM
Are you talking about putting panels in the metal stand or building a stand alone wood cabinet? Panels are easy to make and wouldn't take long. Building a stand alone cabinet would take some time and you would have to decide how big you wanted to make it and if you want shelves and such. One thing I recommend, whichever way you go, is get the Clean Sweep system for dust collection. I have the Incra router system mounted in my table saw and with the Clean Sweep system I have almost no dust to clean up. The system works great, no matter what bit you are using at the time.

Rich Riddle
02-02-2014, 5:51 PM
Here is as far as I could get it in about four and a half hours, including assembly. Goal is less than eight total to build it.

The door top panel opens to accommodate the requirements of the Incra dust enclosure.