PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid 6" ROS or Bosch 3727

mike hopkins devon,pa
06-15-2005, 6:57 AM
I am deciding betwen these two sanders. I used a Bosch 5" (the 3725 and it was a great sander. It died after about 4 years. Any recommendations between the Ridgid 6" ROS or Bosch 3727 (6")? Did anyone compare the Bosch to the Ridgid when making their decision? What I liked about the Bosch I used before was thta it was powerfule and vibration free. Do the users of the Ridgid like the ergonomics and is there much vibration? Thanks for any replies

Kelly C. Hanna
06-15-2005, 8:16 AM
No contest....Bosch hands down. Bosch is so much better than HD's house brand it's not even funny. Support after the sale is much better as well.

Steve Evans
06-15-2005, 8:24 AM
Just to be contrary ;) , I'll point out that the Ridgid 2610 is made by Metabo, and I would suspect is a pretty good sander. Definitely worth looking into.

Steve

Steve Cox
06-15-2005, 9:42 AM
I have the Bosch and while it's a great sander I have seen several reviews (somewhere :rolleyes: ) that listed the Ridgid above it. I wish I hadn't been so against Ridigid tools when I bought mine as I would have given it a much closer look. As pointed out, the Ridgid is made by Metabo and so I suspect a pretty good sander.

Jim W. White
06-15-2005, 9:49 AM
and am EXTREMELY happy with it! It is in fact a re-badged Matebo. It is very much vibration free and the two sanding orbits that are both very useful. I am actually a Bosch fan; but, the 6" Ridgid ROS is a great unit. The dust collection on this sander is also quite impressive.

My other ROS is a 5" PC 333 that I've had forever and is still going strong. I tried out several 6" sanders prior to buying the Ridgid and do not regret the decision at all.

PM me if you have any further questions you'd like answered concerning this unit.

..Jim in Idaho

mike hopkins devon,pa
06-16-2005, 9:57 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. I bought a Rigid and used it for about 5 minutes tonight. So far everything has exceded my expectations. Dust collectioin is like I've never had before (none ... I kept looking for dust). The machine is powerful, the warranty is great and the hookup to my Rigid shop vac was without clamps. Best Regards to everyone, Mike

mike malone
06-16-2005, 10:06 PM
I am deciding betwen these two sanders. I used a Bosch 5" (the 3725 and it was a great sander. It died after about 4 years. Any recommendations between the Ridgid 6" ROS or Bosch 3727 (6")? Did anyone compare the Bosch to the Ridgid when making their decision? What I liked about the Bosch I used before was thta it was powerfule and vibration free. Do the users of the Ridgid like the ergonomics and is there much vibration? Thanks for any replies

interesting that smartbargains.com is $119 + 6.95 ship while
Home depot is $139 + ship/or local tax ...shouldn't it be the other way around??

Scott Coffelt
06-16-2005, 11:23 PM
Ridgid, made my Metabo out of Germany. I owned one bought decided to buy Festool and returned the Ridgid. Only cause I didn't need two sanders, the fact that it is Ridgid means nothing, but who actually makes it. Hands down better than the Bosch and PC, second only to Festool.

Allen Bookout
06-17-2005, 10:33 AM
Mike, I just looked at smartbargains and they list the Ridgid as a factory serviced item. What does that mean? Could be that it is like a factory reconditioned item or what? I see no explanation like you do when an item is reconditioned.

Ian Barley
06-17-2005, 2:26 PM
I have the Metabo version of the Ridgid sander. Assuming it is built to the same quality it as good as you will get for the money - losing out just slightly to the Festools on comfort in use - mainly because of extra weight