PDA

View Full Version : Any good woodburning tool?

Rick Moyer
02-01-2014, 8:41 PM
I had bought a cheap one at Michaels and recently couldn't get the tip unscrewed. I broke it. Need a replacement. Prefer durable.

Ed Aumiller
02-01-2014, 9:25 PM
When you find another one, always put a touch of Anti-seize compound on threads... available at NAPA and most auto stores...

Montgomery Scott
02-01-2014, 9:28 PM
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/p/7/-/36/142/-/4020/Razertip-SK-Pyrographic-Burner?term=razertip

Larry Frank
02-02-2014, 8:27 PM
I have looked at wood burning equipment and there seems to be two classes. One is the cheap ones and the other expensive. The Razertip that was mentioned is over $120 and does not come with the pens or wires so that you end up spending $200 to get a set up.

I tried one of the cheap ones and a couple of patterns and it was OK but it was like sitting over an open smokey fire. I will wait until summer and try again outside with a strong fan.

Rick Moyer
02-03-2014, 3:22 PM
Yeah, this is one of those things I probably SHOULD get the expensive, better one right away, but I can't justify the cost for my use. I was at Woodcraft today so I purchased another lesser expensive one again, although more than the one I got at Michaels. I'll do the anti-seize, but think I did that on the last one too.