PDA

View Full Version : Met a fellow Creeker

Dale Rodabaugh
06-15-2005, 5:57 AM
Yesterday afternoon,Earl Reid,and his wife stopped by.A very nice couple.They live about 6 miles from me.Interesting talking to someone with the same interests that I have.A few months ago Earl was interviewed on the local radio station.He was talking about Freedom Pens,and mentioned the Sawmill Creek site.That is when I looked it up on the computer and joined in.I have got a lot of good advice here.Anyway,nice meeting the Reids and THX Earl for putting me onto a good site.

John Hart
06-15-2005, 6:21 AM
That's interesting Dale. Ends up that my BIL heard the interview on the radio and had to tell me about SMC and the Freedom Pens project, so I joined up to see what it was all about. I've met a couple Creekers and learned a lot in the last few months. This is a great community.

Todd Burch
06-15-2005, 7:09 AM
Hey Dale - belated Welcome to SMC. Was Earl wearing a hat when he visited? ;)

Earl Reid
06-15-2005, 9:11 AM
Hi, Dale, We enjoyed the visit. Dale has a nice shop and we exchanged our thoughts on tools and project types. Dale has restored some pickup trucks, very nice. Dale gets his lumber from the same place that I do, Middlefield, Oh.

Earl :o :o

Dale Rodabaugh
06-15-2005, 3:19 PM
John,just noticed you live in Cleveland,I live in N.Kingsville about 65 miles east of you.yeah Todd Earl was wearing the hat.:D :D :D

John Hart
06-15-2005, 3:26 PM
Well guys, I'm in your neck of the woods just about every weekend...In Madison...Thompson...Middlefield. I like it out there.

Dale Rodabaugh
06-16-2005, 5:57 AM
Yeah John,thats nice country around Middlefield.Amish people.In the summer I usually go to Madison on Tues.evenings for the classic car Cruisin.They have it in the park at the corner of 528 & 84.Dont know where you get your wood at,but I have been buying mine in Middlefield.Place is Trumbull Hardwoods.It is on Nuavuu Rd.(hope I spelled that right).about 2 or 3 miles east of 528.Their wood is all kiln dried,I just bought white oak 1 in.thick for .80 cts.a board foot.If I would have bought 200 ft.the price would have been .70 cts.Course if you get into thicker stuff it is more expensive.$2.65 for 2 in.stuff.Earl Reid said he got a good deal on Cherry down there.:) :) :)

John Hart
06-16-2005, 6:15 AM
So that's what that was!!. I had to go to Madison a week ago last Tuesday and saw all the cool cars in the park. Thought maybe it was a car show or something. I saw some cherries but didn't have time to stop. I like Middlefield. Hopefully next spring, we can pull up the stakes and move there. That's what I'm working on right now. I'll have to check out Trumbell Hardwoods. Right now, I'm only in the market for good turning wood. I've got that Lathe itch that won't go away.;)

Dale Rodabaugh
06-18-2005, 7:50 AM
Hey John,if you happen to make it out to Madison on a Tues. evening again,stop in at the cruisin.I am usually there.I have a 55 Chevy pickup,It is bright yellow,actually John Deere yellow.Not stock,it is streetrodded out.I am usually sitting there in a lawn chair beside it.:cool: :cool: :cool: