PDA

View Full Version : trotec 80 watt fleece 40 P 100 speed?????

TAMI WILSON
02-01-2014, 7:23 AM
When I got my Trotec I found I needed 52 p 100 s to laser fleece. I recently had my job control upgraded and I now can laser fleece at 40p 100 s. After reading many post on here where people with much less wattage are using less power I am wondering if my machine is working up to its potential. Thinking I might need to rent one of those gauges to see if my 80 watt is putting out 80 watts.

Love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks
Tami

Does anyone else have trouble typing on this forum? When I type only on this forum I have to bang on my keyboard to get it to type. Weird!!

Jiten Patel
02-01-2014, 7:53 AM
Hi Tami,

We just had our software upgraded, but have had a chance to test it properly - we are waiting on a new tube too, so once that is installed, I will let you know if our setting have improved.

Re: typing, no issues here.

Dan Hintz
02-01-2014, 9:44 AM
Mike,

If you're using IE for your browser, there have been issues with it and this forum. Switch your browser to compatibility mode and the problems should disappear.

TAMI WILSON
02-01-2014, 10:21 AM
ok compatibility mode seems to be the answer to the keyboard pounding. THANKS DAN!! THAT WAS FRUSTRATING ........anyone have any input about the laser power?

Thanks

Tami

Kev Williams
02-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Tami- I have 3 lasers now. A 25 watt New Hermes/ULS, a 40w New Hermes LS900, and an 80w Chinese Triumph 1390. The percentages of power as per what I send to each laser isn't even CLOSE to running 'fairly equal'. Some examples: Those who engrave Rowmark materials are probably familiar with the fact that their white-surface/black/core material takes MUCH more power to achieve the same results as their black-surface/white-core material. My New Hermes machines I run like this for the black surface:
25w ULS= 40 power 100 speed,
40w LS900 = 60 power 100 speed.

Already those don't match up, but going to white surface, the ULS will do at
60 power 90 speed, but the LS900 I have to run at
100 power and 80 speed.

And the Triumph, I'm still trying to figure out what it's doing! First time I engraved Rowmark I tried 500mm/s which is it's factory-set 100% speed, and 60% power-- The laser cut clean thru the entire sheet!

Yes, these are different machines, but still, power to speed ratio's are all over the map. But I've also experienced nearly the same discrepancies with identical machines-- Last summer I got a rush job on a Friday afternoon that had to be in Spain by Tuesday morning. After doing some math I figured out I couldn't get the job done in time with my equipment. My NH rep just happened to have a twin to my ULS that he was preparing to deliver to a customer on Monday, and he was kind enough to let me borrow it for the weekend. While the 2 machines were essentially identical, MY machine ran circles around it. The job was black/white Rowmark labels, and the 40/100 settings that work great on mine barely left a mark using the second machine. I had to run the power up to 100 to equal my machine's burn. BUT- when it came time for each laser to cut the screw holes, the same settings worked equally on both machines...

All these animals are different, even if they're supposedly identical. I wouldn't worry too much about what you machine is doing as long as it's doing it RIGHT! :)

Tony Lenkic
02-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Hi Kev,

At what max speed are ULS vs LS900 running.
If for example max speed for ULS is 40IPS and LS900 is 70-80IPS that will explain difference in speed processing.
Another thing to compere is how long does it take to engrave same setup with two machines.

Dan Hintz
02-01-2014, 12:52 PM
Not only do the different machines have different speeds (and therefore require different powers), but beam quality is likely playing a large role between the two systems... even at the same cartridge output for two identical machines, they will have slightly different beam qualities, and therefore require different settings. That DC tube is going to be significantly different than an RF tube, so I expect your settings spread is quite large.

Mike Null
02-01-2014, 1:57 PM
Mike

Did you read the reason? What did it have to do with the topic of the thread or engraving in general?

Mike Lassiter
02-01-2014, 3:26 PM
Mike

Did you read the reason? What did it have to do with the topic of the thread or engraving in general?

Mike the question was ask by the OP. I likewise have had the same trouble as Tami. Dan answered the question with the solution needed to fix the problem that at least Tami and I didn't know about. I have been on here a good while and didn't use to have that problem. Using compatibility mode now (Thanks Dan) and typing on computer is working like it use to (right).

It's interesting you didn't delete Tami's question about the typing problem at the end of here initial post; and if you knew the reason we were having the problem telling us (and everybody else) would have been appreciated. Dan answered the question after I reposted, which again was apart of the original post asking if anyone else had trouble typing. As to reading the reason you deleted my first post, where would that be? NO PM sent, message was gone without any reason in thread, so where would I have read a reason why? WOW! I just don't get it Mike!

Kev Williams
02-01-2014, 4:14 PM
Hi Kev,

At what max speed are ULS vs LS900 running.
If for example max speed for ULS is 40IPS and LS900 is 70-80IPS that will explain difference in speed processing.
Another thing to compere is how long does it take to engrave same setup with two machines.
That was the whole point of my post-- machines are different, even if they're identical. Tami's question was "I am wondering if my machine is working up to its potential?" I'm sure it is, and don't think she has anything to worry about!

And my LS900 runs nearly double the speed of my ULS while rastering. But the ULS will kill the 900 during high-speed vectoring, in speed AND quality.

Mike Null
02-02-2014, 9:47 AM
Mike

There are some very rare occasions when moderators make a mistake:( and this was one of those. Even though the topic doesn't belong here Tami did pose the question and rather than reading it I took it to be part of her signature. (let's keep this a secret from the other mods)

My apologies to all.

Mike Lassiter
02-02-2014, 10:04 AM
Mike, please put Dan's answer back that others can see it. It was what I needed to do to cure that. And I have to agree with Tami it was extremely frustrating trying to type and 2 of every 3 keys hit no responding. It made typing here a one finger very slow thing to do.

I can respect that you acknowledge the mistake.