PDA

View Full Version : table saw withdrawl

Keith Hankins
01-31-2014, 5:41 PM
Well I sold my TS and the new owner came and picked it up. There's like a big hole in my shop till my new one arrives. First time since 1986, I've not owned a TS of some kind. It feels really strange. I fell like " what am I to do if I need to do some emergency woodworking and dont have a table saw until my new one gets here next Friday".

I wonder if there is some kind of name for my disorder? Every body have a great week-end!

Dave Richards
01-31-2014, 5:52 PM
You poor guy. I feel bad for you. There ought to be a support group or something.

Well, if you need it, I'd be happy to let you use my tablesaw if an emergent situation arises. If it would help you could call me and I'll take the phone out to the shop and turn on my tablesaw to let you hear it. ;)

HANK METZ
01-31-2014, 6:01 PM
There's an app for that:

http://www.wbrz.com/images/news/2012-05/hatchet.jpg

Peter Quinn
01-31-2014, 8:49 PM
Hmmm....no sympathy from me. New table saw coming next week, sold the old one just in time. Do some shop repairs, clean up....I could spend a month cleaning up without trying. They guy I feel bad for has the new saw arrive without getting rid of the old saw, winds up with two saws piled up in his shop, can't use either of them for lack of space. Its the veritable definition of hell. Your position is an opportunity to relax and reflect...and sweep! Enjoy that new saw.

Charles Coolidge
02-01-2014, 2:36 AM
What if your new table saw gets lost in shipping and is weeks late? :eek: Okay that was just mean :D

Jay Rasmussen
02-01-2014, 8:13 AM
What if your new table saw gets lost in shipping and is weeks late? :eek: Okay that was just mean :D

It will probably be late and damaged; I would plan on several months without a saw. Or you could take the broken one and try to fix it.
HA, just kidding.

I’ve upgraded my table saw 3 times and all were great experiences. Enjoy your new saw!

Rick Potter
02-01-2014, 2:07 PM
I am in just the position Peter describes, and he is right. I cannot rearrange my shop the way I want it, because the other saw is in the way. Bummer.

Rick Potter

Michael Mahan
02-01-2014, 2:23 PM
Hey ,
What saw are "We" waiting for anyway ? :rolleyes:

Me, who is about to order a new Table Saw to replace my Skill worm drive hand held .....................
L O L
Where'0-where i'm gonna keep the worm drive then ! :eek:
J/K'ing !

Michael W. Clark
02-01-2014, 2:31 PM
They guy I feel bad for has the new saw arrive without getting rid of the old saw, winds up with two saws piled up in his shop, can't use either of them for lack of space. Its the veritable definition of hell.

Couldn't agree more! I am experiencing this now with a router table and shaper. I have a small shop and don't have room for both as stand alone machines. The router is going in the TS wing, but got the shaper first. I barely have room to walk and make/install the extension wing so I can demo the router cabinet and associated storage.

Take this time to clean up and organize, maybe think about a new outfeed table or new TS sled. Of course you need the saw to make these, but at least you'll have the planning done.

Mike

Rod Sheridan
02-01-2014, 3:26 PM
I'm laughing because when I decided to upgrade from a General 650 cabinet saw to a Hammer B3, my General sold in a couple of minutes and I had to wait months for the B3 to arrive.

I got a lot of cleanup and tool sharpening accomplished in that time...........Rod.

Keith Hankins
02-01-2014, 3:27 PM
Well thanks for all the responses. I started this tongue-n-cheek. I loved the "there's an app for that". As to the timing, well it was a you sell the old first then you get the new. Since this saw is the most I've ever plunked down on a tool.

I sold my old griz 1023 for about half what i paid for it so I'm happy. I sold another tool to contribute as well (slot mortiser). All that with the proceeds from my last project, I'm getting hopefully the last saw I'll ever need.

As to the getting lost in transit no issue (HA). The downingtown woodcraft, has a large stock of sawsops in the store. Next Friday they are delivering my new 5hp ICS with 52" rails. I went ahead and sprung for delivery. It's an extremely heavy machine and by the time I rented either a stair walker or boom to get it down the 5 exterior stairs to my shop, the cost was about the same. I'm taking the time to clean up the shop and it's a mess. For this week-end I'm running the 30A circuit to get it ready to serve the new saw. Don't worry I'll be doing the tool gloat next week-end :)

Michael Mahan
02-01-2014, 6:11 PM
Well thanks for all the responses. I started this tongue-n-cheek. I loved the "there's an app for that". As to the timing, well it was a you sell the old first then you get the new. Since this saw is the most I've ever plunked down on a tool.

I sold my old griz 1023 for about half what i paid for it so I'm happy. I sold another tool to contribute as well (slot mortiser). All that with the proceeds from my last project, I'm getting hopefully the last saw I'll ever need.
As to the getting lost in transit no issue (HA). The downingtown woodcraft, has a large stock of sawsops in the store. Next Friday they are delivering my new 5hp ICS with 52" rails. I went ahead and sprung for delivery. It's an extremely heavy machine and by the time I rented either a stair walker or boom to get it down the 5 exterior stairs to my shop, the cost was about the same. I'm taking the time to clean up the shop and it's a mess. For this week-end I'm running the 30A circuit to get it ready to serve the new saw. Don't worry I'll be doing the tool gloat next week-end :)

OooHhh I'm So Jealous ! , I'm getting a SawStop PCS 3HP soon , I wish I had the room for the large ICS 5HP / 52" rails .
the electricians just finished adding 120V & 240V multiple lines to my garage , they threw up some nice 48" lights as well , 9 of them ,

Keith Hankins
02-02-2014, 10:11 AM
OooHhh I'm So Jealous ! , I'm getting a SawStop PCS 3HP soon , I wish I had the room for the large ICS 5HP / 52" rails .
the electricians just finished adding 120V & 240V multiple lines to my garage , they threw up some nice 48" lights as well , 9 of them ,

I really struggled with the 52" part. My old Griz 1023 had 7' rails and for the most part it was used to stack stuff on. I was going with the 36" version, but the more I thought about it and the price diff was only a hundred bucks, I figured i'd regret it if I didn't do it. So what the heck. I plan on this being my last saw.