PDA

View Full Version : Corrupting Influence

Bob A Miller
01-31-2014, 12:50 PM
​I have been lurking, reading, enjoying & learning from this forum for a bit over a year. I started with a Chinese laser as a hobbyist & find things have taken off on me with people coming to find me to get custom jobs done.

So after much reading (& looking at what I was & probably will be doing) I started looking to upgrade the laser... I started with the big 3 and find after some time I am now looking at a Speedy 400. No even had to decide to bypass Epilogs & Universals & even a Speedy 300.

So to all the regulars who post here (in particular Mike, Dan, Steve, Rodne & Dave) I have to both thank you for your knowledge & quietly curse you at the same time for changing my opinion as to what I wanted.... A very corrupting influence. So all you casual reading lurkers beware...:)

All that remains is to order it & sell my 1290.

Bob

Mike Lassiter
01-31-2014, 1:07 PM
Quality will cost you, but when you depend on it to make a living especially you need to get the best you can afford. I have about $45K in our laser and no regrets other than the cost. ULS has excellent service the little I have needed and the machine is very well made. I needed pass thru ability and options were limited because of that and large table size to cut material from roll going into side door and still be able to run laser. Class 4 operation required to do this that which made choices very limited due to specific needs. As a mechanic I have invested tens of thousands in tools. Snap On, MAC, Cornwell among others. All hurt buy, but break it an get it replaced free. Craftsman tools very good and likewise warrantied but don't offer the special tools often needed by professional.

I think you will be glad you go better quality when you start using it.