PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit to Mark Singer Shop!

Roy Wall
06-14-2005, 11:16 PM
Wrapped up a fun family vacation to Disneyland with a Sunday visit to Mark & Myriam Singers residence. We met a little before 4 pm and took a tour of the house and shop....then had a great dinner (see thread in Off-Topic Forum)... came back to the house and left around 9:30 pm.

We also met Ryan and Jessica! Jessica had a birthday bash at the house the night before - I believe Mark was the Marguarita Machine.... She is beautiful (thanks to her MOM!) and a pleasure to meet. Ryan stopped in while we were in the shop and visited for a bit. As a matter of fact, Ryan was on SMC and still hanging out at the house when we left. What a great family they are!! I wanted to mention this first and foremost: how pleasant it was to see their kids stop in...hang around... and enjoy the family comraderie. This speaks volumes for how they were raised; and how close they are to one another.

The Singer home is beautiful...uncluttered...built around a magnificent kitchen area that no doubt can entertain guests with ease. Mark's wood working skills are evident in every room - lamps, tables, chairs, beds, shelving, cabinets, massive doors....amazing!! All of the WWork was very well done; super joinery & design - and awesome wood species!! Lots of accents with stainless & glass - very classy indeed. Myriam & Mark are very talented to say the least.....

I could go on and on...but suffice to say we had a great time and got to know some great people!

Here are some shop pics:

Roy Wall
06-14-2005, 11:18 PM
and a few more:

Corvin Alstot
06-14-2005, 11:24 PM
Well said Roy.
Mark has a beautiful house and shop, and a gracious host.

Kelly C. Hanna
06-15-2005, 12:24 AM
Nice shots...glad you guys got to hang out. Sure is fun meeting other Creekers.

Dan Forman
06-15-2005, 3:53 AM
Sounds like you had a great time, thanks for the pics too. Were you having fun in Photoshop?

Dan

John Hart
06-15-2005, 6:31 AM
Nice pictures Roy!... Geez...look at all the head room in that shop! I'm going to get claustrophobic next time I go into my shop. Very nice Mark.

Roy Wall
06-15-2005, 8:00 AM
Sounds like you had a great time, thanks for the pics too. Were you having fun in Photoshop?

Dan

Dan - yes, I thought I'd spice up things with true B&W, Sepia, and some color tinting....
Mark's shop is a nice practical space -- with very tall ceilings to give a very roomy feeling. He has the knowledge and the skills to make beautiful projects - I was impressed at how he can do so many things in so many ways.....

John Miliunas
06-15-2005, 8:16 AM
Roy, you're a lucky fellow! You got to see, in person, where so much beautiful stuff originates. :) Again, I'm green with envy!:o I'm sure you had a GREAT visit! One 'o these years, Mark! One 'o these years.....:) :cool:

Mark Singer
06-15-2005, 8:37 AM
John,
Come on down!
I am looking forward to meeting you.....Roy exagerrates a bit....we are really not that great! Just ordinary people......It was fun and has family is great! Linsey is so smart and grown up.....she is reading and doing math of children sevral grades higher. ....she is only six! They are both wonderful parents...!

Roy, you're a lucky fellow! You got to see, in person, where so much beautiful stuff originates. :) Again, I'm green with envy!:o I'm sure you had a GREAT visit! One 'o these years, Mark! One 'o these years.....:) :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
06-15-2005, 8:40 AM
John, I smell a road trip!! How about you!?!? With two drivers we could drive non-stop :)

Lee DeRaud
06-15-2005, 9:03 AM
John, I smell a road trip!! How about you!?!? With two drivers we could drive non-stop :)Pick me up on the way: I know the freeways here. :cool:

Mark Singer
06-15-2005, 9:28 AM
Guys....

You do need to let me know! Next week I leave for Oaxaca, Morelia, San Miguel de Allende.....I won't be here...there is beer though and I can leave instructions for the Expresso machine...The shop you guys can handle.

Pick me up on the way: I know the freeways here. :cool:

Jim Becker
06-15-2005, 9:42 AM
I can see it now...the folks that write the "Hidden" series of travel books will be adding Mark's place to the next edition of Hidden California. (Great books to travel with, BTW)

I'd definitely go back!! (Mark...when ya coming east?)

Mark Singer
06-15-2005, 9:50 AM
I was in Chicago 2 weeks ago....Never made it to PA
I can see it now...the folks that write the "Hidden" series of travel books will be adding Mark's place to the next edition of Hidden California. (Great books to travel with, BTW)

I'd definitely go back!! (Mark...when ya coming east?)

Jim Becker
06-15-2005, 10:09 AM
Yup, I remember that!! Well...the welcome mat is out, as it were...and I've already picked out the restaurants!