PDA

View Full Version : latested project

Mike Stanton
06-14-2005, 11:03 PM
:D Here is a picture of an octagon picnic table I made for a guy that works in a lumber mill down the road from here. Mike

John Cavanaugh
06-14-2005, 11:12 PM
I like the open access design for sitting. Many of the octagon tables I have seen are continuous all the way around which requires an awkward crossing over the seat to get in.

Nice work...

--
John Cavanaugh

Richard Wolf
06-15-2005, 7:57 AM
Mike, looks like a good table. It brings back some menories. Oct. table used to be very popular. Like John said, their drawback was always geting in and out.

Richard

Tyler Howell
06-15-2005, 8:27 AM
Love your table:cool:

Your own design?? where can we get the plans??

chris toomey
06-15-2005, 8:27 AM
mike

i'm about to embark on a picnic table myself. i was gonna make a run of the mill picnic table, but now i'm rethinking that after seeing yours. i would love some construction details or photos if you have them. again...nice job.

Jeff Sudmeier
06-15-2005, 8:35 AM
That looks great! I don't yet have a picnic table, but this post has been saved for ideas.

Jim Becker
06-15-2005, 9:46 AM
I like the open access design for sitting.

I agree...I've often found getting "into" a picnic table to be a pain in the...well, you know what. This design really helps with that for both adults and children. Nice job!

Lee DeRaud
06-15-2005, 9:54 AM
I agree...I've often found getting "into" a picnic table to be a pain in the...well, you know what.Knees? I usually bang one of them hard enough that anything happening further up gets lost in the noise.

Jason Tuinstra
06-15-2005, 10:51 AM
:D Here is a picture of an octagon picnic table I made for a guy that works in a lumber mill down the road from here. Mike

Great looking table, Mike. It seems to be missing some important elements though. Like, hmmmm..... steak, corn on the cob... ah, potatoes and some tall glasses of ice tea. :p :D

Bob Noles
06-15-2005, 11:15 AM
Mike,

Nice design and craftsmanship. I may tackle one of those in the near future.