PDA

View Full Version : Unifence 30" front guide rail

John Smillie
01-29-2014, 2:49 PM
I was given a Unifence without the front guide rail and want to use is on my 1955 Unisaw. Is there a way to fabricate a guide rail or does anyone have on they wish to sell? I live in the Northeast (Boston).

Rich Riddle
01-29-2014, 3:12 PM
You might try OWWM. Lots of folks take off the Unifence in favor of an after-marker or later date fence system such as he Biesemeyer, Vega, or Incra. Look under the woodworking machine tools classified section. I took one of a saw long ago. If memory serves correctly, it's nothing more than a round pipe with a few bolts going into the table top. What is the diameter size of your fence? You might be able to fabricate one or have it made.

Matt Meiser
01-29-2014, 3:31 PM
Rich, I think you are thinking of the Jetlock fence. The Unifence is pretty popular and has an Aluminum extrusion which would not be simple to fabricate.

Rich Riddle
01-29-2014, 6:46 PM
Rich, I think you are thinking of the Jetlock fence. The Unifence is pretty popular and has an Aluminum extrusion which would not be simple to fabricate.

Matt,

I most definitely am thinking of the Jetlock fence. Found that out after googling the two types. Strange thing is that saw was sold and advertised as having the Unifence. The old man from whom I purchased it indicated that was the type of fence it had. Guess I should have looked it up. The Unifence looks like a good one.

Mark Draper
01-30-2014, 1:23 AM
I have one, I`m in Wyoming Should be no problem to ship. Whats it worth to you?