PDA

View Full Version : Help me find Replacement Parts for a Stanley 460 Mitre Box

Tom Tovar
01-29-2014, 1:05 PM
Hello Everyone,

This is my second post. The other one is about some Shipwright Irons a friend gave me.

This one is about a Stanley 460 Mitre box I picked up a garage sale. It looks near pristine and had the original HDS saw in great condition too. One problem: it's missing a few things:

(1) The "saw bar assembly" - saw bar, roller bearings, tie bar, etc.
(2) Stock guides
(3) Length Stop

Does anyone know where to find replacement parts for the 460? Would love to get it in working order and put it to good use. :)

Anyone out there have the parts laying around??? Maybe take something in trade??

All comments/replies welcome.

Thanks!

Tom

Jim Koepke
01-29-2014, 3:57 PM
Tom,

Welcome to the Creek. Your profile doesn't show your location, where do you call home?

I am not familiar with the 460.

Pictures with circles and arrows are always a help.

I just recently purchased a #2260 miter/mitre box. The space between the saw guides is about 14". That means I am now in the market for a saw to use with it.

jtk

Tom Tovar
04-09-2014, 4:10 PM
Hi Jim,

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this thread. I'm in California. I'll update that profile asap.

Here is the pics to the Mitre box. The 460, I think, is the largest cast iron mitre box Stanley made. As you can see, I also have the stamped Disston saw that goes with the mitre box. I'd love to restore this and use it. I need the saw bar bar assembly.

Mel Miller
04-09-2014, 7:16 PM
Collectors don't pay much attention to these, so they turn reasonable priced fairly often. I see them on Ebay, Craigslist, garage sales and in antique shops. A complete one sold on Ebay for $39.95.

Tom Tovar
04-09-2014, 9:23 PM
Hi Mel,

Yeah. Agree with you. If you ever see or hear of anyone with parts, let me know. would be fun to restore and get some use out of it.