PDA

View Full Version : Shop (PICS)

Bob Noles
06-14-2005, 8:55 PM
LOML was in a picture taking mood and I wanted to share some pictures of the outside of my shop that she took.

The building is over 100 years old and was once the town fire station back in the horse and buggy days. It sits on the back of our property. I restored it to resemble a country store and made it my little corner of heaven with a WW shop. It is small (13X17), but it is 100% mine and a place where I can enjoy my free time.

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy.

Richard Wolf
06-14-2005, 9:09 PM
Great looking shop, let us see the inside soon.

Richard

Corey Hallagan
06-14-2005, 9:10 PM
Hey Bob, that is a cool looking shop you have. And your own little piece of Americana as well. I love how you have it fixed up. I can see Uncle Joe and Sam Drucker playing checkers on the porch right now!

Corey

Ron Jones near Indy
06-14-2005, 9:15 PM
Awesome looking shop. :D Do we get to see the inside?

lou sansone
06-14-2005, 9:26 PM
very nice... like the others have said... so when do we get to see the inside

lou

Dev Emch
06-14-2005, 9:35 PM
Bob, that is a fantastic shop. What really caught my eye was the vintage coke machine out front. Does it still work and does it use those smaller green glass botles? That is a keeper!

Bob Noles
06-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Thanks for all the nice compliments. I have taken so much from this forum and just wanted to try to return a little in sharing my little piece of heaven. I will get some inside pics for you later down the road after I get it just the way I want it. Right now I still have a few unfinished tasks that are not quite camera ready.

The coke machine is only a reproduction and is not real. It is actually a coke cooler like the one you see in Cracker Barrel. You can keep iced down drinks under the top lid. It looks real enough to fool folks from a distance. I have it chained and bolted to the concrete so that no one takes too much liking to it around here like the kids and such.

Again, thanks for all your kind words. I have been working on the remodel for over a year inside and out.

Tim Morton
06-14-2005, 10:39 PM
I don't even CARE whats inside...I could spend all day sitting in one of those chairs, with my eys closed, listening to the sound of the coke machine and thinking back to a different time....VERY NICE!!!:D

Bob Noles
06-14-2005, 11:25 PM
I don't even CARE whats inside...I could spend all day sitting in one of those chairs, with my eys closed, listening to the sound of the coke machine and thinking back to a different time....VERY NICE!!!:D

Tim,

The really best feature is sitting inside when it's raining listening to it beat on the tin roof while looking thru a WW magazine for a project to start :cool:

Norman Hitt
06-14-2005, 11:26 PM
I LOVE it, Bob. It's pics like this that bring back a LOT of Fond memories of some of my favorite places when I was a kid in a Smaaaaaaaaaaaal town here in Tx. I missed a chance to get a really nice original 5 cent upright Coke machine about 3 years ago. Missed the man by about an hour because he had left to go on Vacation, and it was too far away to go back later. Your shop just Exudes Relaxation, and that is what it's all about.

PS: I had an AG Teacher and Asst. coach named Kenneth Noles when I was a sophomore in HS, probably one of your Distant Relatives. :D I really liked him.

Brad Schmid
06-14-2005, 11:44 PM
That is really nice Bob! What a peaceful place to enjoy working with wood. :cool:
Brad

James Mahoney
06-15-2005, 1:41 AM
Alittle bit of history right in your back yard, very nice, I love it......kimo>>:D

Dan Forman
06-15-2005, 3:46 AM
A very comfortable space you have created, one feels invited to sit right down and chew the fat for a spell. Hope to see the inside soon.

Dan

John Hart
06-15-2005, 6:44 AM

I'm with Tim....I could spend all day on that porch, relaxing and looking at your fine landscape (nice grass BTW). I'd never get anything done!:)

Frank Pellow
06-15-2005, 6:46 AM
That's a great looking building. Do you really have a shop in there? If so, prove it to us. :D

Kelly C. Hanna
06-15-2005, 8:14 AM
Cool Bob! I love the coke box out front and the store look...very nicely done!

Tyler Howell
06-15-2005, 8:32 AM
Looking great!:cool:

Wonderful creative environment.

Jim Dannels
06-15-2005, 9:35 AM
Bob, I really like your shop. Using a building with a history, is always nice.
It truly reminds me of many of the country store/Gas stations I remember from my childhood in the 50`s & 60`s( many fond memories). I used to stop for a Coke and a candybar while delivering newspapers everyday in a building that looked very much like that. And the chairs and Coke Machine really contribute.
I am currently set up in my garage, and your shop is very close to what I had in mind if I built a stand alone shop.
I would never apologize for the size. It is true that in a smaller shop you have to be more organized, or the clutter takes over, but it can be efficent. And that in no way is an indication of the quality of work you produce.
Thanks for sharing!

Von Bickley
06-15-2005, 1:12 PM
Bob,
That is one great looking shop. Would love to see inside. Atlanta is not too far from me. Will be going thru Atlanta Friday morning but won't have time to stop. We will be heading towards Memphis and then on to the Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons NP, Yellowstone, Badlands & Mt. Rushmore, and then head on back towards Ohio to take in the Ammish community.

Thanks for letting us see your shop... :) :) :)

Jason Tuinstra
06-15-2005, 1:15 PM
Bob, that's a great shop! Looks like a wonderful place to go and just hang out and chug down some "soda" (this is a new word I picked up from CA - loosly translated it means "pop" :p ) from the Coke machine. Now what does the inside look like?

Bruce Page
06-15-2005, 2:25 PM
Great looking shop Bob. It does look like a little slice of heaven!

Vaughn McMillan
06-15-2005, 2:46 PM
Nice shop! Great example of a "fort" for big boys to play in.

- Vaughn

Doug Cowan
06-15-2005, 6:49 PM
Great looking shop in a great setting, can't wait to see the inside!

Bob Noles
06-15-2005, 8:29 PM
Bob, I really like your shop. Using a building with a history, is always nice.
It truly reminds me of many of the country store/Gas stations I remember from my childhood in the 50`s & 60`s( many fond memories). I used to stop for a Coke and a candybar while delivering newspapers everyday in a building that looked very much like that. And the chairs and Coke Machine really contribute.
I am currently set up in my garage, and your shop is very close to what I had in mind if I built a stand alone shop.
I would never apologize for the size. It is true that in a smaller shop you have to be more organized, or the clutter takes over, but it can be efficent. And that in no way is an indication of the quality of work you produce.
Thanks for sharing!

Jim,

Thru the wriiten word, you have described the exact atmosphere I have spent the last year trying to achieve in the remodel. This statement has made all the blood, sweat and tears of the last year very much worth the effort.

Thank you