PDA

View Full Version : Ingram Residence, (Pics)

Richard Wolf
06-14-2005, 8:38 PM
This is a stair project I am finishing up in Southampton N.Y. The house belongs to Mr. Ingram, who is on the list of top 500 riches people in America.(Not really sure if that is a offical list or not). While the house may look modest in size, you must consider that they plan to use the house 3 weekends a summer.
The workmanship in the house is absolutly perfect. If it isn't, it's taken out and redone.
I installed the balcony railing three time.
1) Installed to building codes, 37" high.
2) Architect came in, said they had special premission to lower it to 34" because it was an historic house.
3) Designer came in and wanted the spacing on the balusters changed.
Ofcourse it keeps getting rebilled to the homeowner, but I find it very frustrating.
The house has three staircases.
Money just doesn't seem to be an object at all.
The designer had special tile flown in from Utah, air freight alone was $5,900.
Six chairs for the media room, $14,000.
One thing I do know, Mr. Ingram does not install wooden railings for a living.

Richard

Per Swenson
06-14-2005, 8:51 PM
Super nice job, Mr. Wolf.

Heck when the customer is like that,

I would let them change their minds everyday.

Per

Allen Bookout
06-14-2005, 8:54 PM
I do not know how that you can do the same job three times without going CRAZY even it the money is right. Hope that you keep your sanity. Allen

Richard Wolf
06-14-2005, 9:07 PM
I do not know how that you can do the same job three times without going CRAZY even it the money is right. Hope that you keep your sanity. Allen

It is difficult, and my mind is not built for it.

Richard

Corey Hallagan
06-14-2005, 9:13 PM
Wow, nice work Richard. I can see why you got the call!

Corey

Tim Morton
06-14-2005, 10:35 PM
Looks great...we have alot of those vacation homes up here in vermont. I did a photo mural in a house this summer for a family that wanted a mural of Stratton Mountain in the kids bedroom. Like these guys they spend a about 2 weeks a year in the house and they renovate it every year according to the designers who hired me to do the photo. You forget just how much money is out there in the real world:eek:
Keep up the good work!!!!!