PDA

View Full Version : Router workstation (PICS)

Bob Noles
06-14-2005, 8:31 PM
Here are some pictures I wanted to share of my nearly completed router workstation.

Still want to replace the upper LH door with bit drawers in the next couple of weeks and still need to add DC port, but other than that is is pretty much complete.

Will be mounting one of my DW618's in it and should be ready for action. It has been a fun project and a great learning experience.

I know there are prettier ones about, but I am a newbie of sorts and I am a little proud of even getting it to this point. It appears to be very functional and much of the design was stolen from Tim, except for the futrue drawers which he plans on getting even by stealing them from me :eek:

Hope you enjoy the pictures and thanks for looking.

Richard Wolf
06-14-2005, 8:42 PM
Well you should be proud, nice job. Keep up the good work.

Richard

Allen Bookout
06-14-2005, 8:49 PM
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Allen

P.S. Wish that you lived next door so that you could build me one.

Corey Hallagan
06-14-2005, 9:17 PM
That looks great Bob! Nice job. Are you currently using a DW 618 in a router table. I am considering getting the DW 618 PK for my main router work but still wondering what to put in my table when I do it. You have given me some ideas. I love the side extensions. Also, did you make the fence or is that a production item from someone?

Corey

John Keane
06-14-2005, 9:31 PM
Nice base for a Rockler table and extensions. Good job.

Cecil Arnold
06-14-2005, 9:38 PM
Looks much too good to get all dusty in a dirty shop, I'm sure the wife would like it for some of her sewing.

Mike Cutler
06-14-2005, 9:46 PM
That's really nice Bob. I like the extension wing concept for additional support. Once again, Nice Job, and well done

Lee DeRaud
06-14-2005, 10:12 PM
If I had it, I'd rip the casters and the top off, top it with a piece of granite, and use it as a kitchen island. Because it's waaaay too pretty to go in my garage.

Then again, it's probably too pretty to go in my kitchen. :cool:

Bob Noles
06-14-2005, 10:28 PM
Hey.... y'all stop it. You're giving me the big head. :D

Thank you so much for all the nice compliments. I know most you you build much nicer things and I'm still at the beginning of the learning curve, but this was my 2nd step in the right direction. My workbench being the first.

Corey, yes, I have used the DW618 in a production table I had before I buit this and it was awesome. Plenty of power for what I need it for and so smooth. You will love it.

Again, thanks everyone.

Tim Morton
06-14-2005, 10:51 PM
That thing looks GREAT!!! where did you get the switch?

Norman Hitt
06-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Hey Bob, I hadn't seen your Post when I replied to you before. I sure don't see anything wrong with your router table. Nice job, and you should get some really good projects out of it. Keep Them Projects Coming. :D

Dale Rodabaugh
06-15-2005, 6:15 AM
That looks good enough to set up in the house.Maybe in the living room.Nice job.:p :p :p

Jeff Sudmeier
06-15-2005, 8:33 AM
Bob, another great job!

All of these router table posts are really getting me jealous!! I need to build one, man do I need to build one! :)

Mike Wilkins
06-15-2005, 9:18 AM
Great job on the router station/cabinet. Just one question.
What did you use for the side wing supports? Is it some type of pull-out metal device? I am contemplating something similar for a future router station and miter saw station, and this folding side support is neat.
Great work and keep up the fine work.

Kent Cori
06-15-2005, 9:20 AM
Terrific Bob! You have a right to be proud of your new router table. I really like the wing feature. I'll bet you grin a little every time you use it. ;)

Bob Noles
06-15-2005, 9:26 AM
Great job on the router station/cabinet. Just one question.
What did you use for the side wing supports? Is it some type of pull-out metal device? I am contemplating something similar for a future router station and miter saw station, and this folding side support is neat.
Great work and keep up the fine work..

Mike,

The pull out supports are correct. They came with the wings that were ordered thru Rockler and are worth every penny. They fit perfectly and are rock solid.

Bob Noles
06-15-2005, 9:28 AM
Bob, another great job!

All of these router table posts are really getting me jealous!! I need to build one, man do I need to build one! :)

Jeff,

Just do it.... I did :eek: and if I can anybody can :p