PDA

View Full Version : Morntech Laser

chuck shaw
01-28-2014, 1:28 PM
Can anyone help me out here, I own a Morntech Laser 50 watt and have been trying to get in contact with them but they will not return a call. I'm needing to level the table to the laser head and don't have a clue how to do it. I've tried to adjust the screw heads at each corner but it just doesn't work, any sugestions?

Bob A Miller
01-28-2014, 1:46 PM
Chuck

I think Hurricane laser had a video posted on you tube for doing it. I doubt Morntech's are much different. Get the corners level & then have a look at hurricane's video.

Bob

Bruce Dorworth
01-28-2014, 4:06 PM
Chuck do you have a motorized up/down table? What model do you have?

I have done it two different ways on different machines. Move the laser head to the left rear corner. Take a block of material(wood or plastic) raise or lower the table so that the block just slides under the laser head.Now one by one move the laser head to the other corners. The only difference is use the leveling screws under your table yo raise or lower the table. With a motorized table you can open the doors under laser, loosen the motors and the turn large screws to raise and lower table.

Did that thoroughly confuse or did it make some sense?

Bruce

chuck shaw
01-30-2014, 9:01 AM
Chuck do you have a motorized up/down table? What model do you have?

I have done it two different ways on different machines. Move the laser head to the left rear corner. Take a block of material(wood or plastic) raise or lower the table so that the block just slides under the laser head.Now one by one move the laser head to the other corners. The only difference is use the leveling screws under your table yo raise or lower the table. With a motorized table you can open the doors under laser, loosen the motors and the turn large screws to raise and lower table.

Did that thoroughly confuse or did it make some sense?

Bruce

Thank you for replying, I'll give that a try tonight after work. I have a mt3050 laser with auto focus, The table itself could be a little more "beefy" but other than that it's not a bad machine. I can cut thru 1/2" wood in 1 pass at a slow speed but it cuts at an angle Hence the Q's. Again thanks a lot to both of you for replying.

Keith Upton
01-30-2014, 1:22 PM
Chuck, you are sure the table is not level and it's not a focus issue? I'm sure you know that lasers don't actually cut perfectly flat do to the convergence of the beam... especially in thicker materials.

Just a thought from a newbie ;)

Dave Sheldrake
01-30-2014, 3:14 PM
I tend to agree with Keith, the depth of field for a 2 inch lens is under 2.5mm so 12mm+ wood is going to cut with an angle on the side no matter what you do unless you fit a much longer focal length lens.

cheers

Dave