PDA

View Full Version : What's the proper threading at the bottom of the legs/feet of a 16-32+ sander?

Ty Williams
01-27-2014, 6:30 PM
I have a recent Jet 16-32+ drum sander and I need to bolt something to the bottom of the metal stand. What is the thread diameter and thread pitch of the threaded holes in the bottom of the legs of the included metal stand where the leveling feet or optional casters would normally thread into? I'm assuming that this is metric since it's made overseas, but you never know. I'm trying to avoid having to turn the thing over, extract it from the mobile base, and remove one of the current leveling feet in order to measure the threads on the leveling foot. I'm hoping you guys can save me from having to take it apart before I'm actually ready to do something with it.

Loren Woirhaye
01-27-2014, 7:41 PM
Generally Euro machines and Japanese ones are metric, but the stuff made in Taiwan and China have plenty of imperial threads from my experience. I would just tip it up on two legs against a wall or something to prevent it falling over, wedging a board underneath to hold it at angle sufficient to take the foot off.