PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
01-27-2014, 7:52 AM
27 Jan 2014

Good Morning Everyone,
I hope this finds you well, healthy, and warm.

I have been able to work outside and get some of the yard cleaned up over the last few days as well as get some firewood cut, split, and stacked. I've got the sore muscles to prove it.!!
Speaking of splitting wood, one of my buddies and neighbors down the road from me had his fence cut from top to bottom and his woodsplitter stolen on Friday night. One of his close neighbors said he saw some young guys casing his house early Friday morning in a truck without a license plate. Come to find out that thieves are now removing their license plates until after the crime is done and then putting the plate back on the vehicle. I am angry with my neighbor over his loss because he worked hard to be able to buy that used splitter to heat his home. Live and learn as we all say.

No shop time this week due to the day job and the heat being non-functional in my shop. Money is tight and I haven't had money to buy the double-walled pipe to allow me to install a woodstove that was given to me a while back. I guess I will be better prepared next year....I hope.

That's it for me....so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Robert McNaull
01-27-2014, 8:35 AM
Finished the gate for the top of my basement steps yesterday and installed it last night. Cold here this morning, -5 and around -30 windchill. We had 60 mph gusts last night so I need to do a once over this morning to make sure my roof is still all there. Need to put a small shelf in the box I made for my MIL as they are coming to visit this next weekend and she will be taking her late Christmas present home with her.

Rod Sheridan
01-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Jointed and planed some more ash for flooring and shovelled snow.280898

The stock feeder sure helps with the pushing, so far about 90% of the rough material has been good enough to use the feeder, the remainder need to be hand pushed........Rod.

Doug Richardson
01-27-2014, 12:21 PM
Replaced the instrument cluster in my cargo van with a used one, programmed it, reset the modules, and reprogrammed the car keys. This has been an intermittent irritant for the last 6 - 8 months, I feel like I'm driving a new van now! Also assisted the lady with some interior painting in the homestead.....

Pat Barry
01-27-2014, 1:08 PM
I was planning to start a new project and walked out to my shop to find the requisite wood and finally noticed the place looked like a junkyard with all manner of tools, cutoffs, sawdust, partially completed older projects, etc, etc laying around so I decided I should spend time picking up, cleaning up, throwing out, etc etc. Now that is my new project. LOL

Matt Meiser
01-27-2014, 4:55 PM
Woodworking-wise? Nothin! LOML had a pyramid scheme (jewelry) party Friday and I had to help get ready for that and clean up. Saturday LOMLjr had a basketball game and sleepover at a friends. We dropped her off at that and went to Cabelas to find LOML some boots, got dinner, and did the grocery shopping. During the 2 hours we were home between I managed to plow snow and run out for a propane cylinder refill. Sunday we left early and got home late due to school open house, basketball practice, dinner at mom and dad's and a school auction meeting.

Rich Engelhardt
01-27-2014, 6:25 PM
LOL!
I managed to stay warm!

That may not seem like much, but, here it is Monday evening & I'm colder than a brass monkey...

Ralph Butts
01-27-2014, 7:09 PM
After returning from Portland on business I picked up a variant of the local bug going around these parts so I have been fighting to not get sick. I am losing the battle. I got bored enough and tired of looking at the box containing my new Festool WCR-1000. I managed to change out the bag on my CT33 and install the work center on top of the dust collector. I ran out of steam after admiring my work and called it quits. I am not sure if it was worth the money but I got tired of leaving a tool on one surface in the shop and having to remember where I left it. This will hopefully be ground zero for my small hand tools.

Art Mann
01-27-2014, 8:48 PM
I completed the stand for my new Camaster CNC router.

Shawn Pixley
01-27-2014, 9:27 PM
Friday concluded 23 straight days of working (including travel). Most days were 10 to 12 hours. I'd also been suffering from Jet lag. So I took the opportunity to decompress and only worked on what absolutely had to get done. While i traveled we replaced the refrigerator and the oven in our kitchen (including a crane lift). The refrigerator is fine (though I need to finish the storage cabinet beside it). The oven however isn't working, so we need the service to come and fix or replace it. Today, back at work...