PDA

View Full Version : Dinner with the Singer's!!!!

Roy Wall
06-14-2005, 6:15 PM
Hey all,

I was in the Laguna neighborhood last weekend and ran into this nice couple at a great restaurant in town.

The food was excellent - I mean excellent!!.......But the company was better:)

I think we all agree Mark is quality thru and thru - but did he MARRY UP!!!:D Myriam is a beautiful and wonderful lady, very gracioius and open. We had a great time.

Here are some pics:

PS - Uhh, do you guys want to see some of the shop & house??:p :p

Roy Wall
06-14-2005, 6:22 PM
here they are:

Mark Singer
06-14-2005, 6:36 PM
Thanks Roy! We had a great time....Myriam just loves you and your wonderful family! "230" Forest is now over 10years old and was my first venture as a restuaranteur....it is a small boutique special spot and has done increadibly well....thanks to Marc Cohen, our very talented Executive Chef...
The day was fun.....played with a few tools and woops.....where did the time go? It was dinner...a great day! thank you!!

John Hart
06-14-2005, 8:40 PM
What a nice scene to both of you!! Your families look very nice and it looks like you had a wonderful time.

Richard Wolf
06-14-2005, 8:52 PM
Great pictures, looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

Richard

Ken Garlock
06-14-2005, 8:53 PM
It looks like classy people on both sides of the table. :cool: Thanks for posting the pictures, Roy.

John Miliunas
06-14-2005, 8:57 PM
Even before I read Mark's reply, I just KNEW the restaurant has to be his! The pictures of the establishment, both inside and out, just scream "MARK" all over the place! :D Ah, but the establishment itself is only made better by the company kept there! Looks like you folks had a great time. To say I'm green with envy would be an understatement! Hope somebody there had one for me!:) :cool:

Mark Singer
06-15-2005, 12:01 AM
Roy and his family are great guests....we really had a fun time...Roy is a great photorapher.....he took some great shots....Here is a shot of Marc Cohen....our talented chef....he started with me at the age of 24!...what a guy! Picture was taken in Opah, Rancho Santa Margarita....now 3 years old and our largest with 275 seats..

Corey Hallagan
06-15-2005, 12:14 AM
Wow, it looks like everyone had a great time. Thanks for the photos Roy. That looks like delicious food being served up. Congrats on the resturaunt Mark!

Corey

Jeff Sudmeier
06-15-2005, 8:21 AM
Congrats to Mark and to Roy. Looks like you both had wonderful food and even better company!

Chad Pater
06-15-2005, 9:21 AM
Thx for the report Roy, looks like you had a great time...Looks like Mark wasn't the only one to "marry up"! :) :)
Chad

Roy Wall
06-15-2005, 9:28 AM
Thx for the report Roy, looks like you had a great time...Looks like Mark wasn't the only one to "marry up"! :) :)
Chad
Chad - you got that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Corey & Jeff - ditto's all the way around.

Jim Becker
06-15-2005, 10:06 AM
The meal I had at 230 was also most excellent! Portion size was "just right" and the flavors exquisite. I always find good restaurant experiences to be inspiring in my own cooking as I try to be creative. It's not just the food...it's also the presentation.

Same for the other "Singer" properties I visited. Mark has excellent taste!!

Vaughn McMillan
06-15-2005, 7:36 PM
Chad
I was gonna say the same thing, but you beat me to it, Chad.

It seems to me there are more beautiful women accompanying us normal-looking men (or borderline-normal, in my case) than there are super-attractive guys accompanying plain Jane women. Not complaining, mind you...just an observation.

BTW, the food and restaurant both look wonderful. I'd expect nothing less from Mr. Singer. ;)

- Vaughn