PDA

View Full Version : Corel "Save as" page

George M. Perzel
01-26-2014, 7:04 AM
Hi All;
When you click "Save As" in CorelDraw you open the Save Drawing page. On the left hand side of the page are icons for Desktop, My Docs, My Computer, etc. Is there any way to change these, delete them, and/or add others? When I want to save a drawing I have to open a bunch of Folders to get to where I want the doc saved. Any ideas?
Thanks
Best Regards,
George

Rudy Ress
01-26-2014, 8:15 AM
George you can create a folder called "Libraries" and withing that folder you can have sub-folder. That's what I do (have sub-folders for Laser Engraving and Sublimation) and and the sub folders under them.

George M. Perzel
01-26-2014, 8:58 AM
Rudy;
Thanks-yea, thats what I have but want immediate access to the folder with one click from the "Save Drawing" panel.
Best Regards,
GeorgeL
aserarts

Steve Morris
01-26-2014, 10:51 AM
You can put folders in the favorites list in the left pane, it creates a shortcut to the folder that can be clicked on. Same as Libraries but without the need to drill down.

George M. Perzel
01-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Steve;
Thanks- That's great for Win 7 but how do you do it for Win XP?
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Glen Monaghan
01-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Thanks for that, Steve. It was news to me and something I've wanted for quite a while... always something to learn!

Steve Morris
01-26-2014, 5:48 PM
George you might want to have a look at the link below:

http://www.simplehelp.net/2007/07/28/how-to-set-custom-shortcuts-in-the-windows-xp-save-as-dialog-box/

Needs a bit of registry work, I'll have a look on my XP machine tomorrow and see if theres a better way.

Cheers
Steve

George M. Perzel
01-26-2014, 6:08 PM
Steve;
Thats exactly what I need-will play around with it-thanks
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts