PDA

View Full Version : Mount For Rockler Dovetail Jig

Tony Cox
01-25-2014, 9:56 PM
I haven’t done much woodworking over the last year or so, but lately I’ve been working on a new desk. Pictures of that project will come later. While working on that project, I decided to do dovetail drawers. This would be my first real dovetail job and I didn't want to fight the jig all the way to the end, so I made a box to mount it on. Here are a few pictures of my quick side project. It was made out of scrap plywood and a couple scrap oak boards.

Enjoy

George Bokros
01-26-2014, 7:27 AM
Very nice. I need to do that for my PC dovetail jig. I may steal your design and adapt it to the PC jig, they are similar.

George

Tony Cox
01-26-2014, 10:15 PM
Steal away. I saw it someplace myself a couple years ago and have had it on my mind since then. Just be sure to dovetail the drawer. I think it would be a sin to make a box to mount a dovetail jig on and not do dovetails for the drawer. :D

Brett Bobo
01-30-2014, 2:50 PM
Hi Tony,
For your desk project, just be sure you flip the tails and pins around as the tails are typically on the drawer sides and the pins are on the drawer front. Good luck and be sure to post pics when you're finished.

Tony Cox
01-30-2014, 10:06 PM
Yep, already ahead of ya. I made the desk drawers before I did the draw for jig mount.

I will have some pictures of the desk project as soon as this crazy Indiana weather breaks and I can get back to it.