PDA

View Full Version : Bosch 1619 EVS Table Mount Adjusting

Jim Gunter
01-25-2014, 10:25 AM
I mounted my new router in the table after removing the handles and added a "Hatch" in my under table dust collection to "Fine" adjust the cutter level.
My query is - How solid is the height setting ?

Because the fine adjustment does not have a lock, does it vibrate enough to turn, thereby lowering the cutter ?
Anyone find this happening?

I am getting close to making my first raised panel doors and am a little concerned.
Thanks for your input.

glenn bradley
01-25-2014, 10:54 AM
Hopefully someone with your router will chime in. When mounting a plunge for table use it is customary to remove the springs but, my understanding is that this router has a feature that allows you to disengage things for table use. The same feature that unlocks the carriage defeats the carriage lock so I am not sure how this is compensated for. If the little post that the adjustment rod attaches to on the depth turret and the depth turret itself are free of slop when engaged, I would say you are good. All that being said there are people who run their table routers without the carriage locked and just count on the weight of the router to keep things still and report good success(?).

Vince Sefcik
01-25-2014, 1:04 PM
I've been using my 1619EVS exclusively in a router table for over two years and, as long as I engage the "plunge lock override level" as described in the user guide (which will disable the plunge springs), I've never had the bit height change over hours of use. While it is easy to fine tune the bit height, I've never had the height change due to vibration.

Jim Gunter
01-25-2014, 2:38 PM
Thanks glen and Vince. I will start using this beast now with confidence.
Good to know Vince that you have had good experience with the same unit.
I did follow the instructions and defeated the plunging spring return function. Hooked the fine adjuster rod into the notch in the height set wheel also.
Thanks again !