PDA

View Full Version : Advice with Next Project

jeffrey bailey
01-25-2014, 10:09 AM
My (http://My) next project is going to be a cutting board. I have decided on the design and during some research started thinking about feet for it. I saw the two sided "Chobs" on Woodcraft and like the idea of feet on each side. I would like to hear from someone that has used them. Do they stay in place over time?

Greg Carr
01-25-2014, 12:34 PM
If the "chobs" are what I have seen at Woodcraft they will only work with a board 3/4" or less in thickness. I have been using clear rubber peel and stick feet that are about 3/4" square and 3/16 thick. hey have held up surprisingly well and are cheap and easy to replace if needed. I have not had one come off. I wipe the area where I am putting the feet with alcohol and let it dry before sticking them on. The are vey slip resistant on countertops. I buy mine at Lowes.

Matthew Hills
01-25-2014, 12:51 PM
wouldn't feet on both sides make it harder to clear the board?

Matt

Bill Huber
01-25-2014, 12:53 PM
I used the stick on feet like Greg for a long while but then I had problems with them coming off after using and cleaning the boards after about 6 or 8 months.
I now have gone to screw on feet I get at Home depot, they come 4 in a pack ( sku 123 904) with screws, I get stainless steel screws to replace the ones in the pack. The feet are 1 1/2" and on my larger boards I put one on each corner and one in the center. They are doing much better then the stick on type and I think they even look better.

jeffrey bailey
01-25-2014, 10:23 PM
http://www.woodcraft.com/product/2086169/45229/chobs-cutting-board-feet-4pc.aspx

This is what I am talking about. They work on cutting boards up to 1 1/2 and are removable.

Ellen Benkin
01-26-2014, 12:52 PM
I agree that having feed on both sides would make it more difficult to use the board for cutting. If they are removable then they would not be on the board when needed. I guess I don't get it. I use the screw on feed from Home Depot. They have to be replaced every once in a while when they dry out and rot off but that is not a big deal.