PDA

View Full Version : Value of a used Ridgid TS3660?

Christopher Juncosa
01-24-2014, 3:48 PM
Im not a ridgid nut, but I do like their table saws. Im currently in the market.

Guy wants $450 for it. Im thinking thats a no go.

What IS a reasonable price for this machine? Is it worth getting the newest model of that saw? ... another brand saw?

Andrew Pitonyak
01-24-2014, 4:19 PM
Seems a little high to me depending on what he includes.

If you compare it to a SawStop at closer to $1500, it seems like a steal. :D

My recommendation (I should prepare to be flamed) is that you first decide what features you MUST have. For example, will you accept a something portable

http://www.amazon.com/Factory-Reconditioned-Ridgid-ZRR4510-Portable-Table/dp/B003JGOSHS/
http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-4100-09-10-Inch-Worksite-Gravity-Rise/dp/B000S5S5CW

How about safety features? My first table saw, a used Ridgid did not have a riven knife and on my first attempt to use it I caught a board in the stomach (kickback). Of course, I had no idea what I was doing or how to use it... and it really hurt. Left a nice bruise. I am a big fan of safety features.

I opted for a SawStop cabinet saw which has a riven knife, a blade guard, anti-kickback stuff, and decent dust collection. I expect that all new saws (including those I liked to above) have the listed safety features. I don't think that the Ridgid does. Before I purchased my new saw, I purchased a splitter, but it did not work as well as that built in to the new saws.

There is lots of good "old iron" available used, the trick is to find it. It won't have the newest latest safety features.

I would be inclined to skip given his asking price. I sold my used Ridgid for under $300, and I included a nice blade and built-in router table. I don't remember what I asked for it, but, I intentionally listed a price to hard to say no.

scott spencer
01-24-2014, 4:40 PM
It depends on condition, completeness, extras, location, etc.... I've seen several go in the $225-$300 range. Even $350-$375ish could be reasonable, but $450 is excessive IMO unless it includes something like a nice router or dado stack that you happen to be interested in. Doesn't hurt to make a reasonable offer...

Nathan Callender
01-24-2014, 9:00 PM
That's probably the last of their decent saws. Their current saw is just not as good. But it retailed for 600 so I'd think 300 is a fair price if its in good condition. I figure half of retail new is about right for this level of equipment.

Chuck Darney
01-25-2014, 8:14 AM
I sold mine last year for $450 and it was bought within a day. It is a good saw and people are interested. I think it's worth that if it's in good shape.

Nathan Callender
01-25-2014, 8:24 AM
I sold mine last year for $450 and it was bought within a day. It is a good saw and people are interested. I think it's worth that if it's in good shape.

I will echo that it is a great saw. I have one and keep thinking I should upgrade, but can't find a good reason to justify it! :)

Rich Engelhardt
01-25-2014, 9:15 AM
Ditto - I have one also and it's everything I need a table saw to be.

$450 though seems on the high side.