PDA

View Full Version : Bad lag here?

Matt Marsh
01-24-2014, 5:36 AM
Anyone else having a problem with lag when typing out a post here? I keep having to go back to make corrections for missed letters, spaces, etc.

Rich Riddle
01-24-2014, 7:08 AM
That is typically something with your computer when your typing is "slow." It's not typically the server. No problems on this end.

Matt Meiser
01-24-2014, 7:18 AM
Not here either. Maybe you need to thaw out your internet :D

Steve Wurster
01-24-2014, 7:31 AM
See this thread under the Forum Tech Support section: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?210930-Typing-is-odd

The solution is to either stop using Internet Explorer, or if you want to use IE turn on Compatibility Mode for SMC. This of course assumes you are using IE. I use Firefox here and have never had any problems.

Rick Moyer
01-24-2014, 8:44 AM
See this thread under the Forum Tech Support section: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?210930-Typing-is-odd

The solution is to either stop using Internet Explorer, or if you want to use IE turn on Compatibility Mode for SMC. This of course assumes you are using IE. I use Firefox here and have never had any problems.
This ^^^.
When you add Sawmill Creek in compatibility mode you can then type normally, but if you want to view (enlarged) pictures again you'll have to remove it to do that. I have to toggle back and forth depending if I'm entering text or wanting to expand someone's picture. No other solution as far as I know right now.

Matt Marsh
01-25-2014, 8:54 PM
Hmmm, seems like a lot of hassle! This is the only site that I have this issue, and the problem seems to come and go. I'll try the compatibility mode.... If I can figure out how.

Rick Moyer
01-25-2014, 9:23 PM
Hmmm, seems like a lot of hassle! This is the only site that I have this issue, and the problem seems to come and go. I'll try the compatibility mode.... If I can figure out how.
upper right hand corner is the tool icon, scroll down to compatibility view settings, add sawmillcreek.org. Then when you want to expand someone's picture to view better you'll need to do the same thing only "remove". Yes it is a hassle, but at least it works. Better than cursing your keyboard like I was doing. Thought I was drunk-typing when I wasn't!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-25-2014, 10:20 PM
Matt,

I use IE. It wasn't until it automatically upgraded form IE-10 to IE-11 that I incurred the problem.

The reason it happens at this site is because of the version of vBulletin used to operate this website and the IE-11.

Adding SMC's URL to the Compatibility View settings as described earlier remedied the problem for me.

Judson Green
01-26-2014, 3:08 AM
I'm having typing problems occasionally too. Using a android tablet and chrome browser. Seems the longer the post the more assured the problem.

Jim Koepke
01-26-2014, 4:00 AM
For me it seems to come and go. Right now it seems to be working fine.

Not sure if at other times it is internet slowdown or what.

Maybe next time I will try changing browsers. Like people say, when you are used to one thing it is a hassle to switch and learn a new thing.

jtk

Frederick Skelly
01-26-2014, 8:02 AM
I occasionally have the same problem. Im running Dolphin on an android tablet.
Fred

Rick Moyer
01-27-2014, 10:51 AM
To improve lag you need to clear your hip rotation before your shoulders, don't cup your left wrist, and keep your right elbow tucked.... Oh, we're not talking about your golf swing. Never mind :D.