PDA

View Full Version : Best bandsaw for bandsaw boxes

james bell
01-23-2014, 6:16 PM
I have seen many posts on blades for bandsaw boxes, but not bandsaws.

i don't need a resaw, have a mm16, so can cut the back off pretty much any box I make, but need something to cut the curves some of which are tight.

i have been using my old craftsman 12" which I upgraded power and carter guides, but still doesn't cut true. Like the smaller bandsaw since it takes narrower blades, but need to upgrade.

any thoughts out there?

thanks ... Jim

Frederick Skelly
01-23-2014, 6:53 PM
Jim,
I really like my Jet 12" for bandsaw boxes. Looking at Amazon, I cant tell if JET even makes a 12" any more. But you can probably find one used if youre interested.

It'll be interesting to see what everyone else thinks.

Good luck,
Fred

Andrew Kertesz
01-23-2014, 6:57 PM
The Rikon bench top saw gets some good reviews.

Frederick Skelly
01-23-2014, 7:02 PM
The Rikon bench top saw gets some good reviews.

Good point Andrew!

Andrew Hughes
01-23-2014, 7:58 PM
Art Espenut was the king of bandsaw boxes in my mind,He used a Aggazani so I say that's the best one.

Kyle Iwamoto
01-24-2014, 1:03 AM
Art Espenut was the king of bandsaw boxes in my mind,He used a Aggazani so I say that's the best one.

I was going to also say the Rikon (I have one) is a pretty good little saw, but upon fiurther review, I changed my mind.

Rick Moyer
01-24-2014, 8:49 AM
I have a G0555 Grizzly and my grand plan sometime is to get a bigger bandsaw and put the Carter stabilizer on the Grizzly. Best of both worlds. (sitting on the dock with binoculars waiting for my ship to come in).