PDA

View Full Version : Like new Craftsman Block grinder with OE base score.

Anthony Diodati
01-21-2014, 9:25 PM
Craigs list find....................Blew up the guys computer for 2 days, he finally e mailed me Monday, Said He only has computer at work.
Gave $125.00 for it. OEM Stand.
Guy said he paid about $200.00 20 years ago. But he says he never used it. Looks to be the case.
Once again, I was blessed!

Rick Potter
01-22-2014, 2:15 AM
I have one just like it, for well over 40 years. Not as pretty as that one though, been used a lot.

Rick Potter

Anthony Diodati
01-22-2014, 4:50 AM
Thanks Rick...............................
Now, this will sit in the corner, next to my oliver lathe.
Think this is grinder # 4 for me....................LOL

Yeah, this was a pretty good find IMO. I had about 150 mile round trip in it too though.
The guy kept telling me it was a pretty good haul for me, and I kept telling him I was good with it..................LOL
He must have said it 5 or more times over a few days.
I really want some day one of those Big grinders, on a cast iron stand like you see in machine shops or weld shops, But I still think this one is pretty nice.
Fellow on another group stated he paid more for just the stand alone.

John McClanahan
01-22-2014, 7:53 AM
I have one like that, too. Mine doesn't have the stand and is missing the spark shields. I bought mine used in the early 80's.

John

Anthony Diodati
01-22-2014, 10:30 AM
I have one like that, too. Mine doesn't have the stand and is missing the spark shields. I bought mine used in the early 80's.

John

thank you, does it work well for you though?
I have not even turned this one on yet.

John McClanahan
01-22-2014, 12:44 PM
Yes. I consider it to be among the last of the better quality Craftsman power tools. Compare your wheel guards and tool rest to new grinders and you will see what I mean.

John

Rick Potter
01-22-2014, 1:10 PM
Mine has all the original stuff too. The glass spark shields are getting a bit crusty though. Probably only last a couple more decades.

Rick Potter