PDA

View Full Version : Woodmaster CT dull?

Tai Fu
01-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Recently the Woodmaster CT I have seems to offer a lot of feed resistance. It's not really drifting like crazy (it did drift a little but I can dial it out by tracking it on different part of the wheel) and still resaws reasonably well, but when resawing or cutting 4" of stuff it seems to have a bit more feed resistance. I thought it was just the wood being a little too hard (it's maple) but I used some fairly new carbon steel 1/4" blade and it cuts with very little resistance. I didn't really use the Woodmaster CT all that much but I'm wondering if it's already dull...

Any chance I can just take a diamond saw file and just try to sharpen the thing by hand??

Erik Loza
01-21-2014, 1:33 PM
Did you at any point cut green or wet wood with it?

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Jamie Buxton
01-21-2014, 2:50 PM
..Any chance I can just take a diamond saw file and just try to sharpen the thing by hand??..

How do you do that? When I get my carbide tablesaw blades sharpened, the sharpener grinds all four surfaces on each tooth -- two sides, the front, and the top. Would you do that for all hundred or so teeth on the Woodmaster CT? And would you do it freehand, or is there some sort of jig you use?

Tai Fu
01-21-2014, 9:27 PM
Not that I know of...

dirk martin
01-22-2014, 1:53 AM
[QUOTE=Erik Loza;2212957]Did you at any point cut green or wet wood with it?

Are you suggesting this would dull the carbide tips?

Erik Loza
01-22-2014, 9:21 AM
Are you suggesting this would dull the carbide tips?

Yes.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Tai Fu
01-22-2014, 9:46 AM
I have not sawn anything green or wet that I know of, however I sawn some bubinga and african blackwood on it, not sure if that dulls the blade. Before that I only sawn maple on it.