PDA

View Full Version : Shenhui Laser Has Arrived - Help Please

Brent Ramsay-Boyd
01-21-2014, 11:19 AM
I am pleased to say that last week my Shenhui 1300 x 900mm 80W laser arrived.

Unpacking and setting up has been great fun, a bit of a late Christmas. But now my limited experience with the laser is starting to shine through and I am becoming a little overwhelmed.

Truth be told I am not sure what sort of performance to expect for the laser, and I am worried that I will break something.

So far I have found out, that in order to prolong tube life, the machine must not run at over 25mA. Other than this I am not sure what other precautions to take.

Can anyone suggest what sort of setting I should be using for 3mm MDF and 5mm Acrylic. That is all the material I have at the moment.

Also, the cuts that I have made seem to not be as smooth as cuts I have seen from another machine. Is this something that can be improved on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Brent

Walt Langhans
01-21-2014, 12:46 PM
Is your tube and RECI? If so I cut 3m MDF all day every day, lol at speed 21 and 100% power. However I have the max power set at 95 though the controller on the laser. Did you get the CW5000 chiller with it? Depending on where you live you might want to put some anti-freeze in it. Post a pic showing the edges and someone might know what's up.

Good luck!

Clyde Baumwell
01-22-2014, 9:24 AM
Brent/Walter;
I'm interested in something similar. Who did you buy it from? If you don't mind me asking, what did that machine cost, before and after shipping. Where does it ship from and where are you located? Why did you pick that one? Are they the same as the ones you see on ebay?

Thanks in advance

Bob A Miller
01-22-2014, 9:57 AM
Brent

I got my Gwieke maybe 16 months ago... While I understand the ' break something ' concept I encourage you to experiment with your machine. I have a 100W Tube & I find I am running my machine no higher then 60% power or I go over 28ma.. No idea why yet. I am cutting 3mm MDF at 60% power & 35 speed... But I think the trick here is to spend time experimenting on your machine to see what setting work for you.. Do test strips, they really help.

Remember to do maintenance regularly (clean the lens etc). Both Rabbit laser & Hurricane laser US have posted material on there web sites for there users but as this is using Chinese based lasers much is similar.. I also found much in previous posts in the archives that helped me when I started out...

Regards

Bob