PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you need to stop & think

dennis thompson
01-21-2014, 11:06 AM
A spring on my snow blower broke a couple of weeks ago. I went on line & ordered it, $3 for the spring & $7 for shipping.
Waited & waited , it never came. I went online to track it and was told it was lost. I called he company & they sent another one, which I'm still waiting for. It is currently snowing, with 6-10 inches expected! What to do? How about some common sense for a change....went to the local hardware store, bought a spring for $.81 & I was good to go. Anybody want to buy a snow blower spring which I expect to receive shortly as I no longer need it!

Harvey M. Taylor
01-21-2014, 11:19 AM
you dont begrudge them making a teeny little profit, do you? HA.maxz

Larry Browning
01-21-2014, 12:52 PM
keep it for a spare. After all it has to be 10 times better than the one you have installed. I'm sure it will break the next time you use it.:D

David Weaver
01-21-2014, 1:35 PM
Lots of little bits like that (fuel line, for example), I've put in my basket online and then waited and thought about paying $6 to ship only to find the item cheaper locally without any shipping due at all.

Val Kosmider
01-22-2014, 11:32 AM
keep it for a spare. After all it has to be 10 times better than the one you have installed. I'm sure it will break the next time you use it.:D

Nah... now that you have a back up, it will never break. Twenty years from now, with the blower long gone, you'll have that spring all labeled and inventoried. You'll move it more than once, and when your kids clean out your shop, they will look at it, shake their heads, remember what a pack rat you were, and toss it into the bin.

Ed Aumiller
01-25-2014, 9:47 AM
Val is correct....

Dave Cullen
01-25-2014, 10:10 AM
Similar story with me last winter. I rebuilt the carb on my snow blower and somehow lost the steel wire that connects the governor arm to the carb linkage. Not available locally, I ordered one from an ebay vendor - about $4 with shipping. Waited and waited.. contacted the vendor and he sent me another one. Meanwhile it snowed, and I made a temporary link from a paper clip. Gotta do wut ya gotta do. The 2nd link arrived in a couple of days, and the first one arrived a week later. Apparently the post office had misrouted it somewhere else. Sent it back to the vendor.

The paper clip worked for the rest of the season.