PDA

View Full Version : Corel and CASmate not talking.

Mitchell Tutty
01-20-2014, 4:50 PM
I've come to a bit of a conclusion thhat Corel's "hairline" and CASmate's hairline are two different things. I'm not sure if anybody else has had the same issue but when I export a design i've drawn in corel which has hairlines, and then import it through CASmate it is read as a shape with an inside and outside line with about .075mm between them. I've tried exporting with line width set to "none" but that just wont show up in CASmate.

If anybody has any ideas it would much appreciated! Thank you!

Mike Null
01-21-2014, 5:58 AM
I delete the extra line after importing to Casmate---in my case, Engravlab.

Kev Williams
01-22-2014, 12:02 AM
How are you exporting it to Casmate?

Mike Null
01-22-2014, 6:59 AM
As an hpgl.

Kev Williams
01-22-2014, 3:22 PM
The reason I ask, is the only way I'd get double-lined something in casmate is to import something and vectorize it. Any open contours would end up outlined since Casmate assumes you're making vinyl signage. --except for 'single line digitize' which has never worked well for me. Also, I never import or export PLT files unless absolutely necessary, because of the detail. Pic below is 2 of the same objects imported from Corel X3 and superimposed next to each other- the really bumpy cornered one is a plt file, the smooth one I exported as EPS. And no double lines, what I had in corel I got in Casmate (this is my DOS version obviously)

http://www.engraver1.com/erase2/casimport.jpg

Mike Null
01-22-2014, 3:44 PM
Kevin

I'm wrong. I just made a simple box in Coreldraw x5 and exported it a a plt then imported it to Engravlab and it came in perfectly as a single line image.