PDA

View Full Version : Great deal on Makita LS0714 7.5" sliding miter saw @ Amazon

Deuce Lee
01-20-2014, 1:58 PM
Not sure if this is a good spot for this but why not, it's just sharing the love...

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-LS0714-2-Inch-Sliding-Compound/dp/B000AU1VJE?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ7T5BOVUVRD2EFYQ&tag=camelalerts-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B000AU1VJE

Typically about $420. On sale for $360.

I have this baby and I love it. So light and portable!

Peter Kuhlman
01-20-2014, 3:00 PM
I sold my 10" Makita to get this. Really love it. Smooth sliding, super smooth cuts, ultra light for this old guy as I have to store it out of way when not in use. Wasn't sure wether to purchase but ended up going with all the favorable reviews and glad I did. Of course a 10" or 12" will cut thicker material. Ended up last week finding a Dewalt DW715 left over at HD for $179 and got that to cut treated lumber and timbers when needed - and as a loner to my son who beats tools up!

Sam Murdoch
01-20-2014, 3:18 PM
This is one of my favorite tools - just sayin'.

keith micinski
01-20-2014, 7:41 PM
Crap I need one of these but was hoping to hold off for another month. Does anyone know if there is a positive stop on the bevel for cutting crown on the flat at 33.9 I think?

Chad Helme
01-20-2014, 7:50 PM
Craftsman makes one of these, sells for about $170 or so. I own one of these, works well. I"m sure its not as rugged as the makita, but just a light (probably lighter) and portable. Several years old now, and still cuts as accurate as it did when new. I considered the makita when purchasing, but I couldn't justify the price when it was really going to serve as a secondary saw for me.

Peter Quinn
01-20-2014, 9:22 PM
Drooling. Want one, perfect size for transport. Ive been using an old hitachi 8" beater I borrowed from work for on site cuts, way easier to drag around than my 10". Those hitachi were nice saws when young too. Perfect size for so many trim cuts.

Sam Murdoch
01-20-2014, 9:47 PM
Crap I need one of these but was hoping to hold off for another month. Does anyone know if there is a positive stop on the bevel for cutting crown on the flat at 33.9 I think?

Don't know off hand - will have to check as I haven't used it that way and my saw is currently at a job site.

What it does have - that I like very much - is a depth stop. This is a very useful feature. It is an easy flip from a stopped depth cut to full depth and back again if you are so inclined.

Richard Coers
01-20-2014, 11:58 PM
Craftsman makes one of these, sells for about $170 or so. I own one of these, works well. I"m sure its not as rugged as the makita, but just a light (probably lighter) and portable. Several years old now, and still cuts as accurate as it did when new. I considered the makita when purchasing, but I couldn't justify the price when it was really going to serve as a secondary saw for me.

Craftsman makes one of those? I don't know if Craftsman ever made power tools. Emerson Electric used to make all those, but got fed up with having to quote every year.

Rich Riddle
01-22-2014, 6:48 PM
Thanks for the link. I am giving a friend a Makita 1013L that has served as backup for some time. This saw looks small enough to move to the other job site and complete the work required there. They had a couple on sell for $330 because of dented boxes.

keith micinski
02-09-2014, 11:35 PM
I got an open box return one of these today off of Craigslist for 300 and after getting it home and checking all of the tune up on it I had to adjust the fence a hair to get the table degree set right and then made a few cuts with it. I have wanted one of these for years now since my 12" milwaukee, while a great saw, literally weighs about 90 pounds and isn't portable in the least. I can't believe I waited this long to get one. With the stock blade on it which I can't imagine is all that great, it made great cuts with plenty of power and I would bet I could carry it around with one finger. I can't wait to do some trim work with this saw. My only complaint is that like a few people I have noticed the slides are a little rougher then I think they should be and there is no bevel detent for cutting crown on the flat which is what this saw was designed to do so that surprises me a little bit.