PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
01-20-2014, 8:03 AM
20 Jan 2014

Good Morning Everyone,
I hope that this finds each of you well and warm. I am coming off of oncall duty this morning and I get to start sleeping better starting tonight since oncall is over for another round.

My natural gas heater in my shop is broke now and is keeping me from working in my shop. I need to call my HVAC guy to come fix it, but I've gotta have some money ready when he arrives...so I'm holding off on calling him. I've got plenty to do in the shop, but without heat, my glue won't set, so I'm putting things on hold for now. I do have an old woodstove that was given to me, but I need to buy pipe and such for it as well as find a permanent location for it. More on that later on I guess.

That's it for me....so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Matt Meiser
01-20-2014, 9:16 AM
I got left home alone both Friday and Saturday evening. First thing I did was assemble and test my new IBox to replace the one that won't calibrate properly. I was pleased to find that my very first test joint on this one was actually perfect. Next, I mounted the Verizon Home Phone Connect box, phone, and ringer that we activated on our account specifically for my shop, both to allow me to attach a loud ringer and have a phone in a fixed spot. I've been having trouble hearing my current phone which apparently doesn't play its ringer through the stereo (especially if I forget and leave it in the house :rolleyes:) I then gave the shop a thorough cleaning which I hadn't done in a while, vacuuming under stuff and the like. I also started looking at materials for a wine bottle/glass rack I found to build for our school's auction which is coming up fast but unfortunately I don't have anything I want to use for the project so I'll have to run to my hardwood supplier next Saturday. Other than that, the rest of the weekend was Saturday and Sunday 6th girls grade basketball games (a blowout win and nail biter 6-9 loss which was actually closer than that until the last minute!), church, dinner at my parents as usual.

Shawn Pixley
01-20-2014, 11:58 AM
I've been travelling for business in Shanghai for the last week and one half with no offdays for weekends. Saturday was a workday with a little walking around the city after work was done for the day. Sunday I worked half a day and then flew 12 hours back to sunny California. It was nice to see my family again. I got to see the new appliances installed and the results of the crane lift. Unfortunately, the new oven isn't working properly, so there is a bit more to resolve. This is supposed to be a holiday, but I'll work a half day or so before going in tomorrow.

Garth Almgren
01-20-2014, 4:25 PM
Rented a small uHaul enclosed trailer and finally got my stationary tools and lots of boxes of shop stuff moved from both my parents garage and my garage to the shop in my new house... Now I just need to find homes for everything, set it all up, and get organized.
Also picked up a John Deere D100 with 27 hours on it for half what a new one would cost, and it came with a poly dump trailer!

Joe Scharle
01-20-2014, 6:03 PM
Made my first youtube video!

http://youtu.be/uXATcnhl4LI

Rod Sheridan
01-21-2014, 9:21 AM

Hi, I started converting photo 1 into lumber for flooring as shown in photo 2.

Regards, Rod.