01-19-2014, 10:21 PM
Ya they will be going to their lockers tomorrow to clean them out

Ralph Butts
01-19-2014, 10:26 PM
Seeeeaaaa haaaawks!

scott vroom
01-19-2014, 11:16 PM
Rough audience!

Wrong team won. Seattle is classless and plays dirty ball (most penalized team in the NFL - a Peaty Carol trademark). Denver is gonna crush 'em.

And, did you see this bizarre post game interview? http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/richard-sherman-makes-great-play-then-loses-mind-030047047--nfl.html Nice.

Mods: Please move this to the "Wait Till Next Year" forum :o

Ralph Butts
01-19-2014, 11:22 PM
Rough audience!

Wrong team won. Seattle is classless and plays dirty ball (most penalized team in the NFL - a Peaty Carol trademark). Denver is gonna crush 'em.

And, did you see this bizarre post game interview? http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/richard-sherman-makes-great-play-then-loses-mind-030047047--nfl.html Nice.

Really? Come on, that's like the kettle calling the tea pot black.

Curtis Horswill
01-20-2014, 7:31 AM
+1

It was nice to see Kaepernick lose after beating Green Bay the last 2 years.

Charlie MacGregor
01-20-2014, 10:29 AM
Richard Sherman takes the NFL to a whole new low. From a Giants fan.

scott vroom
01-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Richard Sherman takes the NFL to a whole new low. From a Giants fan.

I agree. Coach Harbaugh would never allow that type of attitude on the Niners....whereas "Pete the Cheat" encourages it. Most penalized team in the NFL, coached to play dirty.

Ralph Butts
01-20-2014, 11:20 AM
I agree. Coach Harbaugh would never allow that type of attitude on the Niners....whereas "Pete the Cheat" encourages it. Most penalized team in the NFL, coached to play dirty.

Hmmmmmm selective memory for SF fans? Hater-aid abounds! Trash talking is nothing new in sports. The niners did it, do and will continue to do all but next season. If ya' can't take it don't dish it. That being said what a great game of big plays. I hope the Superbowl will be just as exciting.

Rich Engelhardt
01-20-2014, 11:29 AM

That's the 2014 version of the same old 1970's song:
"Who's the dirtier team, the Steelers or the Raiders?"

:D:D:D:

Jon Wilson
01-20-2014, 12:46 PM
As a Redskins fan, I despise Seattle and enjoy this clip a couple times a month when I need a good laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl4ViIwy7KA

Go Broncos!!!

Loren DeShon
01-20-2014, 12:49 PM
Rough audience!

Sour grapes.

IRRC, the only personal foul in the game was called on the Ninnies (oops, sorry, niners).

One heck of a game by two tough teams who came out to play smash-the-trash-talking-mouths football.

David Helm
01-20-2014, 6:38 PM
As a Redskins fan, I despise Seattle and enjoy this clip a couple times a month when I need a good laugh.

Go Broncos!!!

Watched your clip; saw that game. No trash talking was going on. The slug was gratuitous.

Greg Peterson
01-20-2014, 10:20 PM
It was a good game. Far better than the Pats/Bronco's game. As for Sherman, it was refreshing to hear a player say what they were really thinking. Only problem was in this instance, turns out I didn't really want to know what he was thinking.

Mike Cozad
01-21-2014, 4:23 AM
I watched a few other clips of his interviews and he comes across as a very well educated, well spoken, and very intelligent man. Unfortunately he appears to have more ego than all of his other traits combined. So bad so, that it appears to cloud his judgement as to what's appropriate on and off the field. I think the punch he got was due to some disparaging remarks he made about the redskin player earlier in the week.

Then I saw a clip of him talking to RG3 and it was so great it made you want to think he was the most polite and humble competitor ever. Strange guy to say the least...

Ralph Butts
01-21-2014, 9:10 AM
I watched a few other clips of his interviews and he comes across as a very well educated, well spoken, and very intelligent man. Unfortunately he appears to have more ego than all of his other traits combined. So bad so, that it appears to cloud his judgement as to what's appropriate on and off the field. I think the punch he got was due to some disparaging remarks he made about the redskin player earlier in the week.

Then I saw a clip of him talking to RG3 and it was so great it made you want to think he was the most polite and humble competitor ever. Strange guy to say the least...

Richard Sherman is a Stanford graduate and a Masters candidate at Stanford. He is a very educated individual. He is also a very talented professional football player in the NFL. Just as Dion Sanders used his talents and bravado to hype his career and marketing in the league Richard Sherman is somewhat from the same mold, it's not bragging if you can back it up with actions. It's funny that some seem to condone another player attempting to punch him while being critical of Richard chosen words. Maybe just a bit of jealousy because he is doing something we wish we could. Conjures up thoughts of how Muhammad Ali was treated "for not remembering to keep his place" during a turbulent time in American history.

Now we have a MLB baseball player saying that he or someone else would have hit Sherman with a high and tight fastball for his actions. I prefer football where you backup your trash talking on the field with your body not by throwing a baseball at somebody's head. That's exactly whats wrong with baseball. Hockey has fighting for a reason. It keeps players from just just taking out the best players in the league to even the playing field for a team with less talented players. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

Personally I don't care if a professional athlete adheres to some fan, writer or pundit's ideas of how an athlete should carry himself. I thinks it hypocritical at best. We expect these players to be tough, we exalt violence in the game and then get critical when they don't behave in a humble manner when we think they should. I can just hear someone decrying how unsportsmanlike that is... PLEEEEEEASE.

Congratulations to the Seahawks and the Forty Niners for some very entertaining games this year. A rivalry is born.

Ralph Butts
01-21-2014, 9:13 AM

Go Broncos!!!

I think that was one of the best highlights of the season for DC this year.

Paul McGaha
01-21-2014, 10:08 AM
Richard Sherman is a Stanford graduate and a Masters candidate at Stanford. He is a very educated individual. He is also a very talented professional football player in the NFL. Just as Dion Sanders used his talents and bravado to hype his career and marketing in the league Richard Sherman is somewhat from the same mold, it's not bragging if you can back it up with actions. It's funny that some seem to condone another player attempting to punch him while being critical of Richard chosen words. Maybe just a bit of jealousy because he is doing something we wish we could. Conjures up thoughts of how Muhammad Ali was treated "for not remembering to keep his place" during a turbulent time in American history.

Now we have a MLB baseball player saying that he or someone else would have hit Sherman with a high and tight fastball for his actions. I prefer football where you backup your trash talking on the field with your body not by throwing a baseball at somebody's head. That's exactly whats wrong with baseball. Hockey has fighting for a reason. It keeps players from just just taking out the best players in the league to even the playing field for a team with less talented players. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

Personally I don't care if a professional athlete adheres to some fan, writer or pundit's ideas of how an athlete should carry himself. I thinks it hypocritical at best. We expect these players to be tough, we exalt violence in the game and then get critical when they don't behave in a humble manner when we think they should. I can just hear someone decrying how unsportsmanlike that is... PLEEEEEEASE.

Congratulations to the Seahawks and the Forty Niners for some very entertaining games this year. A rivalry is born.

He has a degree in communications from Stanford (3.9 GPA), going back to get his masters degree.

His first (2) years on the Stanford football team he played wide receiver. He switched to cornerback because he thought he would be good at it.

I'm for the Broncos in the Super Bowl. Will be interesting to see if the Broncos can move the ball on the Seahawk defense (Really good against the pass).

Greg Peterson
01-21-2014, 10:16 AM
Now we have a MLB baseball player saying that he or someone else would have hit Sherman with a high and tight fastball for his actions.

Sounds about right. Pitchers have been known to give a batter a bow tie, or similar pitch, for less.

Regardless, we have a pretty good game coming up in less than two weeks. Hopefully this incident will not become one of the story lines for the event. But it sure has a good head start.

Ralph Butts
01-21-2014, 10:55 AM
Paul I am really looking forward to the game. I think the potential is outrageous. One of the best quarterbacks in the history of the game against a pretty good defense in their own right. I hope both teams are at their best and that they put on a show befitting of the season's hype.

bob svoboda
01-21-2014, 11:56 AM
Interesting how the 40 whiners could see Richard Sherman, but totally missed Jim Harbaugh and Michael Crabtree's actions. Enjoy your off-season.

Paul McGaha
01-21-2014, 2:09 PM
For the last few years I'd say the best football on TV was the Steelers/Ravens games.

To me, the 49er/Seahawk games are the best games now. 2 Heavy Weights. And there does seem to be a genuine dislike between the 2 teams.

Hope Nevaro Bowman heals well. He really hurt his knee badly.

PHM

Ralph Butts
01-21-2014, 2:57 PM
For the last few years I'd say the best football on TV was the Steelers/Ravens games.

To me, the 49er/Seahawk games are the best games now. 2 Heavy Weights. And there does seem to be a genuine dislike between the 2 teams.

Hope Nevaro Bowman heals well. He really hurt his knee badly.

PHM

Paul I generally don't care for the niners at all but I have to say I hope Nevaro Bowman heals well and has a speedy resumption of his career. I have nothing but respect for that type of player.

Paul McGaha
01-21-2014, 3:26 PM
Oh trust me Ralph, I don't care for them either. Me and every other Saint fan out there.

From back in the 80's. I think half of Joe Montana's career passing yards and touchdowns were against the Saints.

PHM

Pat Barry
01-21-2014, 7:22 PM
So, I picked the 9er's to win in our office pool because I thought they were hot team after beating the Packers and the Panthers on the road. Then what happens? Mrs Harbaugh causes a distraction and Jimmy has to trade in his lucky pants. Seahawks sieze the weakness and win the game. If only Jimmy had his lucky pants on they would be in Super Bowl. You just can't mess with that kind of mojo Mrs Harbaugh!

Ralph Butts
01-23-2014, 9:01 AM
I am so ready for this this topic to be overshadowed by the actual Superbowl game but I came across an interesting article this morning that provoked much internal thought for me. I have chosen to share that article here.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/engel-seattle-seahawks-cb-richard-sherman-offers-no-apologies-for-outburst-nfc-championship-game-san-francisco-49ers-012214

Bruce Page
01-23-2014, 3:09 PM
I never had a problem with Sherman’s rant. Today's pro athletes are expected to be PC, it's refreshing to see raw emotion in the players. Sherman is a passionate & talented player.

Scott Donley
01-23-2014, 3:40 PM
At this point I take anything said by a 49'rs fan with a grain of salt, really, after the 49er fans filed a petition with the NFL to start penalizing or make them forfeit for to much crowd noise, REALLY