PDA

View Full Version : corel x4 color question

Chad Fitzgerald
01-19-2014, 9:08 AM
Have been dealing with this for a while now, time to get it fixed. i hope.
when i design something, i use the cmyk color pallet. however, if i contour the object the countour comes in as rgb. this also happens if i use corel trace, the traced image comes in rgb. it will also happen when i import or copy and paste.
anyone know how to make it so it always uses the cmyk colors??
thanks
chad

Mike Null
01-19-2014, 10:04 AM
Chad

I'm on the wrong computer to provide a link from my favorites file but Google Engraving Concepts. Roy Brewer has an excellent tutorial showing how to set up Corel to default to the settings you want.

Tony Lenkic
01-19-2014, 12:20 PM
Chad,

RGB is correct color pallet to use for laser engraving/cutting.
If you are designing something for large format printers CMYK would be your pallet.

Chad Fitzgerald
01-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Tony, i guess i put the colors in the wrong place. i design with rgb, contour, trace, etc defaults to cmyk. thanks for pointing that out.
chad

Tony Lenkic
01-19-2014, 12:28 PM
Chad,

Mike pointed you to check Roy Brewers youtube clip on how to set it up and save as preference. Try another site (Mike Clarke) at www dot engrave dot ca

Brian R Cain
01-19-2014, 8:24 PM
You need to set the page to RGB before you start. Although you can use the RGB colour palette in a CMYK page, any modifications you make such as contouring or anything you import gets converted to CMYK. Likewise when you print. You can set the page to default to whichever mode you use for new documents.