PDA

View Full Version : So what did Santa bring everyone?

Mark Ross
01-17-2014, 1:17 PM
Well...unfortunately for me, it was not a third Epilog 36 EXT. However it WAS a tasty Object 30 Pro 3D printer (the big black thing on the left) that prints in 7 materials including clear which we really need for our prototyping. This is the new beautiful daughter in the family. The ugly daughter (that big white thing on the right) is our Dimension 768BST which we have had for over a decade. It still does a pretty good job, but its resolution is 0.010" and the Object is 13 microns...

13 microns...hmm...

Is that good enough to 3D print printing plates? HAHA, but in all seriousness, we got this just under the wire as the 179 tax code was allowed to expire at the end of the year. Not sure we will be doing much if any capital expenditures this year.

David Somers
01-17-2014, 1:24 PM
And I got excited cause I got batteries for my laser pointer and some cartridges for my ink jet printer!!! <grin>

Congrats!! Pop some photos on here of what you are doing with your new toys! No matter how hard I try my laser pointer doesnt cut or even engrave so I am afraid I have nothing to share with you in that regard!!!

Dave

Wes Mitchell
01-17-2014, 1:29 PM
What a different world 3D printers are from a few years ago. I remember reading a PopSci article when HP came out with their $30k 3D printer when all the others were over $100k. Now I see them pop up on Amazon for $800.

Mark Sipes
01-17-2014, 3:46 PM
Just saw an info ad where "Hershey" is working on an edible chocolate for the 3-D printers. What's with that? Custom candy bar $75.00 each only takes 1 hour to make. ( I have no idea ) . I guess the market would be the bakeries... Hey an Easter Bunny trophy with a your face on it!

David Somers
01-17-2014, 4:09 PM
I guess that is better than coming up with an inedible 3D chocolate? That would seem cruel.
On the other hand.....if you could make an Easter Bunny with your ex's face on it you could take great pleasure out of biting the ears off it!! Bwahaha!!
Could be great potential in the "harmless revenge" niche market!

Mark Sipes
01-17-2014, 4:26 PM
I have a use for the inedible chocolate. Make 49er Bars with a teeth marked bite already removed. Get it! Just leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I could sell thousands this week....

Dave Sheldrake
01-17-2014, 4:51 PM
Lots of rare Legos kits :) (I collect rare Legos)

cheers

Dave

David Somers
01-17-2014, 5:38 PM
That is great Mark!!! A good use for inedible chocolate.

A bit off topic, but our regional director was up from her office in San Francisco this week. She needed to do a video conference while she was here with the 3 offices that make up our regional office. The 3 offices are Honolulu, San Fran, and us here in Seattle, WA. She came into the room where I had the video conference gear setup and just roared! We had made a HUGE back drop for her podium with the Seattle Sea Hawks 12th Man logo on it, plus blue and green bunting all over the place, and a big SeaHawks Logo on the front of her podium. We were all arrayed around her during the call, all dressed in Sea Hawks gear. Some quite garrishly. The San Francisco folks were caught completely off guard by this and in hysterics! It was great!

For those of you not in the US who think football is played with a round Black and White ball......<grin> the Seattle Sea Hawks and the San Francisco 49'ers are in the division playoffs this weekend to determine which team will be in the Superbowl in 2 weeks. This is a big deal for both teams and heightened by the fact that there is a long rivalry between them. to make it even more fun....Our regional director recently moved here from Colorado, which is the home of one of the other pair of teams that is competing this weekend for the other Superbowl slot. The Denver Broncos vs the New England Patriots. So we had a Denver Broncos fan from San Francisco giving a talk to everyone while standing in front of a very heavily decked out Sea Hawks backdrop!!!! It was fun!!!!

inedible 1/2 eaten 49's chocolate would have made it even better Mark!!!

Dave

David Somers
01-17-2014, 5:39 PM
Dave,

Judging by the floors of my friends with little kids, Legos are anything but rare!!! <grin>

Send me a PM if you are looking for anything in particular Dave. Will be happy to keep an eye out for you in my wanderings!

Dave

Mark Ross
01-17-2014, 5:53 PM
This printer will print in clear, so a lego part, printed in clear, backlit by an LED...hmmm...

Steve Morris
01-18-2014, 7:50 AM
I got a beer making kit and its fermenting right now ... yum yum
Plus a load of chocolate to keep me happy while I wait

I love consumables :D

Dave Sheldrake
01-18-2014, 7:58 AM
Cheers Dave, mucho appreciated :)

Glen Monaghan
01-18-2014, 11:10 AM
I googled the 179 tax code to check on current status and found:

Jan 1, 2014 For the upcoming 2014 tax year, Section 179 has been restored to its original limits of $25,000 plus an adjustment for inflation.

Bert Kemp
01-18-2014, 2:54 PM
go patriots!!!
that is great mark!!! A good use for inedible chocolate.

A bit off topic, but our regional director was up from her office in san francisco this week. She needed to do a video conference while she was here with the 3 offices that make up our regional office. The 3 offices are honolulu, san fran, and us here in seattle, wa. She came into the room where i had the video conference gear setup and just roared! We had made a huge back drop for her podium with the seattle sea hawks 12th man logo on it, plus blue and green bunting all over the place, and a big seahawks logo on the front of her podium. We were all arrayed around her during the call, all dressed in sea hawks gear. Some quite garrishly. The san francisco folks were caught completely off guard by this and in hysterics! It was great!

For those of you not in the us who think football is played with a round black and white ball......<grin> the seattle sea hawks and the san francisco 49'ers are in the division playoffs this weekend to determine which team will be in the superbowl in 2 weeks. This is a big deal for both teams and heightened by the fact that there is a long rivalry between them. To make it even more fun....our regional director recently moved here from colorado, which is the home of one of the other pair of teams that is competing this weekend for the other superbowl slot. The denver broncos vs the new england patriots. So we had a denver broncos fan from san francisco giving a talk to everyone while standing in front of a very heavily decked out sea hawks backdrop!!!! It was fun!!!!

Inedible 1/2 eaten 49's chocolate would have made it even better mark!!!

Dave

Bert Kemp
01-18-2014, 2:56 PM
Was that Inflation or Inflammation:eek: